Maximum Mini Action Day

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Maximum Mini Action Day

Postby lankyjames » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Blyton Park, May 4th next year could become the start of something special. A Mk1 Performance / Maximum Mini Action Day. With as many Mini based cars as possible. More here: http://maximummini.blogspot.com/2013/10 ... n-day.html
lankyjames

Re: Maximum Mini Action Day

Postby Stuart » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 pm

That could be more interesting than Stoneleigh. What does everyone else think?

I guess the biggest drawback it has for those in the south, is that it is a lot further north than Stoneleigh.
Stuart

Postby ACourtney » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 pm

We had a great day at Blyton Park for TKC Live in September, so it does have the potential to be a good event.

We already have the Mini-World Action Day at Castle Combe for those of us in the south and we usually get a reasonable turn out - 9 cars this year.
MWAD manages to fill the paddocks at Castle Combe and is always a great day out, somehow managing to provide good weather at the end of September irrespective of how bad its been in the preceding days.

Blyton Park is much smaller than Castle Combe, but I guess that is probably better for a new event, i.e. better to fill a small venue than to make a large one look empty.
If it takes off to be as big as MWAD then I suppose it could move off to Cadwell or Croft.
ACourtney

Postby kelvink » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:26 pm

I also went along to TKC Live and it was a super day. The circuit should suit a Midas very well, it's fun track to get to grips with and very well run. It's a long time off yet but I'm sorely tempted to do both this event and Stoneleigh. Why not see about having a little convoy between the two events? I'm up for it :)
kelvink

Return to General Chat