difficulty signing in

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

difficulty signing in

Postby johnonthetyne » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:05 pm

just recentley its taking longer and i always have to log in even thogh i should still be, i run acycling forum also on phpBB and that suffers from the same sometimes. is it just me??
cheers and the site is a great improvment and useful tool , jb.
johnonthetyne

Re: difficulty signing in

Postby manifold » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi John,

Yes this sometimes happens with me too. Especially if I have cleared the cookies out as PHPBB relies on cookies to check your logged in.

I have just rebooted the server to clear the cache, so that may improves speed times. Also, my wife is playing BBC iPlayer, watching the Diary of Anne Frank on the same network (which uses huge network bandwidth) so that may be a reason for the slowing of the network this evening.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby johnonthetyne » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:14 am

i usually post on http://forum.freeforums.org/index.php and they sort it.
johnonthetyne

Postby manifold » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:45 am

Its different with our forum. I host the site, the forum and the sql database from a server in my office.

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby johnonthetyne » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:10 pm

still takin over a miute to log in,is it my pc?
johnonthetyne

Postby manifold » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:08 am

are you on Vista or XP?

I noticed it was taking a bit of time to load up on a Vista laptop I was fixing a few days ago for no apparent reason. I swapped browser over to Firefox and it worked faster.

Cheers,

David

manifold

Postby Alan D. » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:12 am

Hello John,

I think when you buy another Midas you will be able to log in much faster! The computer obviously knows!

We are missing the frying pan operative and the fish and chip challenges from our little group. It's no good saying you want one (a Midas) for nowt!
( nowt translates to nothing if you are not from the N.E.)

If you obtain a rough one (Midas) it will take ten years to put it together!

I should know look at what little,I've achieved in three years of Midas ownership, Procrastination that's my trouble!

Hopefully Stan will be back with us this year, in his motorbike/car! He'll steal the show wherever we go, as it's agreat looking car.

By the way how's your heath?

Best wishes Alan.
Alan D.

Postby johnonthetyne » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:00 am

well alan , av found mini scamp in yard , am goin to have a look tomorrow, no body mo bother with that if big motor needed.av xp,not to pc freindly :roll:
johnonthetyne

Postby manifold » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Just tried signing on a work on a government pc and its logging in very quickly. Which is quite surprising, considering our network here in the office.

Must be a problem on your side John.

Cheers,

David

manifold

Return to General Chat