Heated front Windscreen project for Mk 1, 2 & 3 (Group Buy)

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Heated front Windscreen project for Mk 1, 2 & 3 (Group B

Postby b1zbaz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:34 pm

am i down for one of these i cant remember if i asked for one or not if i am down for one how much are they
b1zbaz

Postby Alan D. » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:38 am

b1zbaz wrote:am i down for one of these i cant remember if i asked for one or not if i am down for one how much are they

Sorry Barry,

I've not got you down for a HFS. The price was £230.

The sad thing is, a plain Fiat 126 windscreen is now very difficult to source, so don't go breaking or chipping your screen! After I've done the new rear hatch group buy, I don't think I will be doing any more group buys as it is too difficult to get the numbers needed.

We have collectivley bought 60 HFS, so there may be someone willing to sell their screen.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Ok cheers anyway Alan if anybody has to pull out I will gladly take there place
b1zbaz

Postby Alan D. » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Hello All,

I've been informed that the screens are now at the suppliers, so I'll get things orgainsed next week. I need to colate the list, to see where screens need to be transported too.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Rich » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 pm

I'm going to be up at Hopwood Park Services on the 10th, I'm guessing I'd be better picking up from the suppliers?

Rich
Rich

Postby Rich » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 pm

5 screens picked up and transported to the South West without incident!
Rich

Postby wolfie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Alan, could you give me the suppliers contact details as I was Planning to collect early next week all being well. If anyone else wants me to collect theirs just let me know
wolfie

Postby Alan D. » Wed May 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello All,

"Johnny fix it" comes to the rescue again!

Tomorrow Johnny is transporting me to our suppliers in his big van and we are going to bring twelve HFS's back north for distribution. Another 11 screens are to be transported to Alistair's workshop in the next couple of weeks. Rich has already taken five screens to the south coast and that leaves two screens to be collected individually from the suppliers ( Wolfie and Nick Topley).

Due to personal circumstances, there are a couple of owners who have changed their minds about having a heated screen, so I've got two spare screens to sell. So if you are interested please get in touch. This is your last chance there will never be any more made!

Alan D.
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Thu May 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Twelve screens safely transported back to the N.E., thanks to Johnny and his good friend Donkey. So will all of the people who need to collect from me please get in touch. Hopefully in the next two weeks we will get the southern screens to Enstone, thanks to Tony Moss & Neal. I will let you know when that happens.

Remember I have a few spare screens, so if anyone requires a screen please get in touch.

I had an interesting conversation with our supplier "Rick", he was telling me trhat he ships screens all over the world. Today he was shipping to America and Austrailier. Five screens shipped Aus., to be collected from a port were costing £165 (Sea freight). So he was suggesting that if any of our overseas Midas owners wanted a screen then it could be done!.

Alan d.
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Just spoken to Tony Moss and it is hoped that we can get the remaining H.F.S. to Alistair's workshop this weekend. I will let you all know when this task is accomplished!
Remember I still have a couple of screens for sale. £230 each.
Alan D.
Alan D.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat