Heated front Windscreen project for Mk 1, 2 & 3 (Group Buy)

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Heated front Windscreen project for Mk 1, 2 & 3 (Group B

Postby DavidL » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Alan D. wrote:
faceofdoh wrote:Alan, I have to travel south, via Dunbar, to Salisbury on Monday 19th, which means I'll be passing Newcastle, probably early afternoonish. Would that be a convenient time to visit and collect my screen?

hello David,

The screens are due into the supplier at Tamworth on the 14th inst.. They are coming from either Spain or Italy, I'm not sure. So firstly they need to arrive on time and secondly I would need to collect the northern screens (now eleven screens)and get them back to Newcastle by the 19th. This is a possibilty, but by no means certain!
Another suggestion might be for you to collect from Tamworth, if the supplier is willing. I need to contact him as he does not work full time. Collecting from Tamworth would take the pressure off me to get them back to Newcastle in a short time frame.
It may be possible for other people to collect from Tamworth, that would give us four collection points in all.

By the way if you are coming by Newcastle with or without your screen, you are welcome to call in for a cup of tea.

Regards Alan

Alan, there's no rush as far as I'm concerned. I've just checked where Tamworth is, and it looks like it's not far from my route, so I could indeed collect it there, if he's happy about that.

Also, that cup of tea sounds like a good idea. I don't think I have your address, though!
DavidL

Postby Alan D. » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 pm

faceofdoh wrote:
Alan D. wrote:
faceofdoh wrote:Alan, I have to travel south, via Dunbar, to Salisbury on Monday 19th, which means I'll be passing Newcastle, probably early afternoonish. Would that be a convenient time to visit and collect my screen?

hello David,

The screens are due into the supplier at Tamworth on the 14th inst.. They are coming from either Spain or Italy, I'm not sure. So firstly they need to arrive on time and secondly I would need to collect the northern screens (now eleven screens)and get them back to Newcastle by the 19th. This is a possibilty, but by no means certain!
Another suggestion might be for you to collect from Tamworth, if the supplier is willing. I need to contact him as he does not work full time. Collecting from Tamworth would take the pressure off me to get them back to Newcastle in a short time frame.
It may be possible for other people to collect from Tamworth, that would give us four collection points in all.

By the way if you are coming by Newcastle with or without your screen, you are welcome to call in for a cup of tea.

Regards Alan

Alan, there's no rush as far as I'm concerned. I've just checked where Tamworth is, and it looks like it's not far from my route, so I could indeed collect it there, if he's happy about that.

Also, that cup of tea sounds like a good idea. I don't think I have your address, though!

Address can be supplied via PM.

I've just had a request for you to pick up a second screen and take it with to Salisbury.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby DavidL » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Alan D. wrote:Address can be supplied via PM.

I'll send you one shortly...

Alan D. wrote:I've just had a request for you to pick up a second screen and take it with to Salisbury.

Alan

Be happy to do so, and a question about that will be in the same PM.
DavidL

Postby wolfie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:02 pm

I've just had a thought which may or may not appeal to people. If the supplier is happy for us to collect I live not far from jct 2 of the M5 so I'd be happy to collect for other people and if they want to make it a family day out there's Dudley Zoo and Castle plus the Black Country Living Museum within a mile of my house plus West Midlands Safari Park not too far away.....Just a thought I'd throw out there
wolfie

Postby Rich » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:36 pm

I'll be up Birmingham way early next month, failing that I'll also be at Stoneleigh if that's another option?
Rich

Postby Alan D. » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:56 pm

wolfie wrote:I've just had a thought which may or may not appeal to people. If the supplier is happy for us to collect I live not far from jct 2 of the M5 so I'd be happy to collect for other people and if they want to make it a family day out there's Dudley Zoo and Castle plus the Black Country Living Museum within a mile of my house plus West Midlands Safari Park not too far away.....Just a thought I'd throw out there

Good Suggestion Wolfie,

I'm happy to go along with any suggestion as long as I can keep track of where the screens have gone.

So anyone wishing to take this rought please let me know.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Rich wrote:I'll be up Birmingham way early next month, failing that I'll also be at Stoneleigh if that's another option?

Hi Rich,

It sounds like Tamworth or Wolfies suggestion for your goodself.

But everyone please remember I must be able to coordinate this so no one loses out
Alan
Alan D.

Postby Rich » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:27 am

Alan D. wrote:
Rich wrote:I'll be up Birmingham way early next month, failing that I'll also be at Stoneleigh if that's another option?

Hi Rich,

It sounds like Tamworth or Wolfies suggestion for your goodself.

But everyone please remember I must be able to coordinate this so no one loses out
Alan

I'll probably go with the Wolfie option, are there any others that need to come down to the South West?
Rich

Postby Alan D. » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Hello All,

I recieved an email back from our supplier and it said:

Hi mate

They are here in the uk I just have to pick them up from london .
I am away till the 26th up your way in fact (Richmond) I will go doen on the 27th and collect them so any day 27th on is fine

Cheers

Rick

So sorry David, they will not be available on the 19th, but the good news is the cafe is still open if you want that cup of tea and a break in your journey!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby DavidL » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:14 am

Alan D. wrote:...
So sorry David, they will not be available on the 19th, but the good news is the cafe is still open if you want that cup of tea and a break in your journey!

Alan

That's OK Alan, I think my journey will be quite long enough without an extra stop at Tamworth. My visit to Dunbar was cancelled too, so it will be a slightly easier day than I was expecting! Still aiming to drop in on you on the way though.
DavidL

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat