Error

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Error

Postby kelvink » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:36 pm

ACourtney wrote:
kelvink wrote:Excuse me just posting in here a moment I'm just trying different ways to log in and post. I had to give up yesterday as I kept getting the error message on my screen though each time posts were getting committed. I don't want to fill up the site with duplicates. Let's see if I can work round it this way....... :idea:

Hmmm I guess that's a no then :-(

The easy way to deal with the unwanted second posting is to delete it! The first one will remain.

Yes I know that but it didn't appear to be available to me at the time I posted and had the duplicates
kelvink

Postby ACourtney » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Vidahost technical support have deduced that the error is exactly what it says: the file called scripts_footer.html had disappeared and could not be found.

How, or why, this file has gone missing, or what it did, they didn't comment. They did try to find a copy of the file, but it is no longer available, so to resolve the error they created a blank file with that name. It sounds like this is a an old template file that is no longer used in the current version of the bulletin board. In other words the bulletin board has not been updated for some time, it is around four versions behind the most recent update, and the cracks are beginning to show.

It would be useful to hear if this has cured the problem for everyone.
ACourtney

Postby Dessie 300 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:06 pm

I got that same error last night,tried again,and again,and sent same message 3 times!
Also lost a long draft l typed out,and wanted to post on the forum for members,updating them re my MK 2 l recently bought from Steve (Killerwatt).I saved it,or so I thought,but when I went to finish it off and post it,it had gone,so I gave it up ☹️
Dessie 300
Dessie 300

Postby kelvink » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Good to hear that the error has been looked into and hopefully cured. The proof will be in the pudding as to weather there's an error message when I hit submit. It does though sound like they have identified the missing file. Here's hoping.....
kelvink

Postby kelvink » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Yay!!!!! No error for me :-) Hopefully others don't get errors either....
kelvink

Postby fozzza » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:37 pm

It seems to be ok my end too.
Roy
fozzza

Previous

Return to General Chat