Error

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Error

Postby Geoff Butcher » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:25 pm

I keep getting a Fatal Error message when I try to post. Is it just me?
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Re: Error

Postby Stuart » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 pm

Geoff Butcher wrote:I keep getting a Fatal Error message when I try to post. Is it just me?

I've not had it, that must be why we're getting so many duplicate posts.
Stuart

Postby Mi das 1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 pm

No Geoff im in the boat comes up error
Mi das 1

Postby kelvink » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:03 pm

I just had what is possibly the same error......

Code: Select all
Fatal error: template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/prosilver/template/scripts_footer.html does not exist or is empty in /home/midasown/public_html/forums/includes/functions_template.php on line 63

I clicked to make a reply to a posting whilst I was not already logged in. It was fixed by refreshing the page but threw me to the index page rather than the post I was going to reply to. Though it seems that the error repeats again when you submit the post reply
kelvink

Postby fozzza » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:03 am

I too get the same error message. I first noticed it after the forum went off line and then came back on.
Roy
fozzza

Postby Jvr19630 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:51 am

I keep getting the same as well. ☹️
Jvr19630

Postby kelvink » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:29 am

Excuse me just posting in here a moment I'm just trying different ways to log in and post. I had to give up yesterday as I kept getting the error message on my screen though each time posts were getting committed. I don't want to fill up the site with duplicates. Let's see if I can work round it this way....... :idea:

Hmmm I guess that's a no then :-(
kelvink

Postby ACourtney » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:13 am

This error cropped up almost immediately after Vidahost sorted out the previous problem. I had it and Michael Horsley did too.

Michael Horsley posted a support ticket with Vidahost and they replied suggesting it was a problem relating to the old IP address being held in user's cache and the answer was for the user to clear their cache out. I did that and the problem seemed to be fixed until I posted something to the forum. The next time I came to use it the error message returned. The support ticket has now been escalated and we are waiting on Vidahost to tell us what is wrong.

I will report back when I hear something more.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby ACourtney » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:50 am

kelvink wrote:Excuse me just posting in here a moment I'm just trying different ways to log in and post. I had to give up yesterday as I kept getting the error message on my screen though each time posts were getting committed. I don't want to fill up the site with duplicates. Let's see if I can work round it this way....... :idea:

Hmmm I guess that's a no then :-(

The easy way to deal with the unwanted second posting is to delete it! The first one will remain.
ACourtney

Postby kelvink » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Yes I know that but it looked like it wasn't available to me when I went to delete.
kelvink

Next

Return to General Chat