Server downtime

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Server downtime

Postby manifold » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Dear all, there was a couple of hours server downtime today following an inpromtu ISP issue.

All back up again now.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Server downtime

Postby manifold » Tue May 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Seems our local BT exchange is having switch issues with the Internet service.

This may affect your ability to connect to the forum for a short while.

Apologies for any inconvenience, all outside my control.

Cheers,

David

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Rich » Wed May 27, 2009 11:43 am

Is it my imagination or is the forum running quicker now? There certainly feels to have been an improvement at this end.

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby manifold » Wed May 27, 2009 12:24 pm

I hope so!

It was a nightmare yesterday. Up and down all day.

manifold

Postby manifold » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Unfortunately server downtime is still ongoing intermittently.

BT need to get their finger out on this one.

Sorry for any inconvenience outside my control. Will be looking to change ISP very shortly, this may have a brief impact whilst the changeover occurs.

Kind regards,

David

manifold

Postby Stuart » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:27 pm

I bet no-one noticed :(

I'm sure the Yahoo forum got more traffic.

What is it about this forum that people don't like??????
Stuart

Postby manifold » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:16 pm

Theres plenty of traffic on here. I've seen the stats :).......Just not many contributors.

Plain and simple the issue is some people just don't like change and are stubborn. Hans did a great job with setting Yahoo forum up, but its now well past its sell by date now (it wasnt when Hans set it up though), and anyone who thinks Yahoo forum today is a good forum needs their head testing. From an admin perspective alone Yahoo forum is an absolute pig to manage. A flat line system lacking integrated intelligence.

Give me PHPBB/vBulletin/Invision over Yahoo any day.

Only problem I have is a consistent ISP connection following issues this week. Even yahoo had problems in the past though.....like forgetting to pay for their domain name for instance! Yahoo went offline altogether for a few days because of this.....so even the big boys can and do get it wrong :).

manifold

Postby Rich » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:58 pm

I like the forum, it's logical and easy to use.

If you solve the problem of people viewing without contributing you'd be inundated with other forums wanting to know how you do it.

Rich
Rich

Postby manifold » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:32 pm

thats the big question :).

I just hope people enjoy then benefits of a good forum with a good search engine. I'm sure there are loads of great ideas out there that could benefit us all.

Your little entries are well appreciated.

Kind regards,

David

manifold

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 am

It took the Yahoo forum 7 years to gather 200 members with a number of regular contributors. David's forum is less than a year old and has not yet passed the 100 mark. So I am not surprised it is not yet as lively as the Yahoo forum. Just give it a few years. Rome wasn't built in one day as well.
Hans Efde

Next

Return to General Chat