Pastiche dash wiring Midas Gold

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Pastiche dash wiring Midas Gold

Postby Crowmann » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi

I am about to change the instruments for individual units and lose the Rover 200 dash pack. This is the same dash instrument pack as Hans's car.

I thought I would see a sizeable mash up of Metro wiring loom married to the later dash pack but no aside of a couple of variations it looks stock.

Question? Is the dash pack wiring common to both Metro and Rover 200 ? Sounds unlikely but they could share the same two plug type connectors to the instrument pack.

Anyone know?
Crowmann

Re: Pastiche dash wiring Midas Gold

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 am

I believe it is a separate piece of wiring that came with the Rover 200 dash. I have to check the receipts that came with my car, but I recall it being mentioned separately.
Hans Efde

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:29 am

I checked the receipts that came with my car. It says wiring loom 145 gbp. Possibly altered for the Midas? The receipt also says Rover 200 fitting kit 24 gbp. No idea what's that. Possibly the extra charge for the Rover 200 dash.
I also found a handwritten note from GTM: "Please find enclosed the Rover 200 wiring loom. I trust that is everything that was outstanding on your order".

As a side note the invoice also says 100 gbp surcharge for cadmium gel coat. My car was built in 1993 and the gelcoat is as new, but ofcourse it has always been garaged through its life. I suppose that helps against fading as well.
Hans Efde

Postby Crowmann » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks Hans

That explains why it all looks as it does.

I will do read across from Metro wiring diagram and the dash pack itself.

In the grand scheme of things not much
Crowmann

Postby DavidL » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:38 pm

To me, this implies that I should be able to change my 216 dash to the metro one by removing a section of the wiring loom. Were there any wiring diagrams published specifically for this?
DavidL

Return to General Chat