Metro vs Mini radius arms

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Metro vs Mini radius arms

Postby manifold » Thu May 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Dear all,

Does anyone have the dimensional differences between a metro and a mini radius arm?

Thinking of using some tubular arms on a fabricated rear subframe (quarter the weight) and wondered what they were. I dont have a mini arm to compare.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Metro vs Mini radius arms

Postby Stuart » Thu May 21, 2009 5:46 pm

You'd need to extend the outer pivot point to outside the line of the car,or cut part of the new radius arm away in that area and use a metro pivot shaft. I don't think your wheels would clear the arm without some serious wheel spacers and you'd probably have to have another custom stub-axle damper mount made up.

I'll get you some photos so you can see the difference if you'd like? let me know. :)
Stuart

Re: Metro vs Mini radius arms

Postby manifold » Thu May 21, 2009 6:28 pm

that would be great stuart if you could.

thinking of having some (rose jointed ones) made up, but if I am making a beam I can put the hangers where I want.

More pics the better and good for reference on the forum.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to General Chat