Rear Screens?

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Rear Screens?

Postby graemedench » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Hi there

Just wondering if theres any progress on the rear screens for the bronze? Heading off on holiday for 2 weeks, But I deff want one so if anything happens while I'm off please keep me one or order one

Many thanks

Graeme
graemedench

Re: Rear Screens?

Postby Alan D. » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 pm

Don't worry,

It is all still going ahead. Been a bit busy, but I am nearly over the worst. I'll get the project moving again soon.

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby graemedench » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:52 pm

No worries

Thanks for the update, I know what its like think all I've done to the Midas for 3 months is get the wipers working lol
slow but sure :)

G
graemedench

Postby Alan D. » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Hello All,

Can everyone who expressed interest in a new heated rear screen, please get in touch, as I cannot remember who said what! I hope to get the project under way again.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby gooseman » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:55 pm

My biggest worry next to body damage is breaking a window...i would most likely fit a piece of acrylic or lexan to replace the flat ones...the old drag cars used it for its lighter weight many years ago...the windshield would be a huge problem for me here in the states, jim
gooseman

Postby Alan D. » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi Jim,

It is only the front screen that you need to worry about, everything else is just flat pieces of glass. So you should be able to get those cut locally. The front screen as you know is Fiat 126. Did you not have that model of car in the States?
The man that supplies us with the front screens and the new rear screens, ships glass all over the world! So were there is a will there is a way!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby gooseman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:34 pm

I dont believe the 126 ever came to the US, wasnt it a tiny car like the 500 ?
Hopefully i wont need a windshield...come to think of it, replacing the flat glass with plastic would cut weight a fair amount but not something to do on a lark, jim
gooseman

Return to General Chat