Where did Harold Dermott go?

May contain mild smut, nonsense and innuendo

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Where did Harold Dermott go?

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:06 pm

I have been unsuccesful in getting into contact with Harold Dermott.
If anyone lives in his neighbourhood, maybe he can pay him a visit and ask to get into contact with me. Or even better borrow his Midas photobook (possibly hidden under his bed).
His address is (what I could find on the web):
1 Leycester Close
Windlesheim
Surrey
GU206JR

His wife has a dormant company:
Focal Point Solutions
31 Ruddleway
Longham
Oakham
LE157NZ

His son seems to be involved in a nightclub:
Club glamour puss ltd
18 Sheldons court
Winchcombe street
Cheltenham
GL522NH

Harold is the president of the Mclaren Owners Club ltd with the same address as his home.

If anyone lives nearby one of these addresses maybe they can get into contact with the Dermott family. Thanks.
Hans Efde

Postby Inim666 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:12 pm

I live in Leicester near his wife's dormant company if that's any help I could always take the Midas for a drive over there and see if there is any activity going on
Inim666

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:28 pm

That would be interesting. It's a pity he just disappeared. We need his memoires and a scan of the photobook that survived the factory fire. And then hopefully a talented journalist writes down the story of Midas, must be an amazing story for sure.
Hans Efde

Postby streetsy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:35 pm

I did have the number of the lady who used to be his PA but I do not any more. I spoke to her at Stamford Hall Mini show a couple of weeks ago, if I would have known he was a wanted man I could of asked her if she knows of his whereabouts.
streetsy

Postby fozzza » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:41 pm

I liked Harold. I first met Harold in October 1988 for a factory visit to order my MK2. The very first thing he said to me was " You are probably the youngest person that has shown interest in purchasing one of my cars " ( I was 20 at that time ), he treated me a bit like he was a father figure, in a nice way, and on several occasions throughout the visit he made sure I was doing the right thing, taking on this type of project. I respected him for that.
It's a shame that he has been illusive over the years regarding Midas and the kit car scene, perhaps his career at McLaren helped him forget how his time owning Midas came to a sorry end, but he should feel proud that the cars he produced back then are still giving people pleasure today.
Roy
fozzza

Previous

Return to General Silly Chat