Favorite Midas Joke

May contain mild smut, nonsense and innuendo

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Favorite Midas Joke

Postby lankyjames » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am

Well it used to be about a Mini, but I've altered it slightly - you may all have heard it before but it still makes me smile!

A Blue 1986 1275cc Mk 2 Midas (we need to be precise here!) breaks down on the M1 Motorway,
a passing Porsche driver takes pity on the poor guy and offers to tow him to the next garage.
(OK, OK, it was a silver 1973 911 Carrera RS 2.7 - can I please get on with the story?)
They hook up the tow rope and set off together down the road but they don't get more than about
a mile when a yellow Lamborghini Countach (yes, and before you ask, of course it was the 1988
25th anniversary edition with the later model 5.2 liter V12 added as an aftermarket upgrade)
blows past them at enormous speed. Well, the Porsche owner cannot stand to see this happen -
a red mist descends and he floors the gas pedal.

Much later, and about ten miles down the road, a weary police officer is talking to his colleagues.
"You won't believe what I saw today" he says. "There was this Lamborghini and this Porsche racing
side by side down the M1 - I clocked them at 140 mph
- and right on their tail was this little blue Midas who was honking at them to get out of his way so he could get past!"

Anyone else got any other related jokes?
lankyjames

Re: Favorite Midas Joke

Postby Stuart » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Nice one James :lol:

That does remind me of when I once sat behind an Esprit at 120 :oops: 8-) in my Midas of course.
Stuart

Re: Favorite Midas Joke

Postby Geoff Butcher » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:18 pm

This seems (slightly) appropriate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRDyUIdqnc0
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Return to General Silly Chat