Open Day

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Open Day

Postby cortezkeeper » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:50 am

The Midas Rebuild Forum which Alistair will run at the Open Day, Sunday July 24, at Enstone is aimed for starting at 11.00a.m.
Alistair mentioned that there is a Game Fair at Blenheim Place that weekend. In previous years, apparently, this very popular event has led to some traffic congestion along the A 44 around Woodstock, so you might like to think of an avoiding route. Plenty of nice lanes to explore in the area but does sat nav do pretty routes ?
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Re: Open Day

Postby DavidL » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Having recently rejoined the ranks of Midas owners, and also rejoined the OC, I'd very much like to come to this - I used to travel to a lot of events when I had my "first".

Sadly it won't happen this year (more so since my new Gold needs a lot of attention). My other half had already "booked" a trip away on the date of the open day, and I have to look after our pack of wolf wannabees...

...I'm already looking forward to next year's event. :D
DavidL

Postby cortezkeeper » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:42 pm

It happens to us all ! You'll be there in spirit !
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Postby DavidL » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 pm

cortezkeeper wrote:It happens to us all ! You'll be there in spirit !
Michael.

Mine's a G&T, then... :D
DavidL

Postby DavidL » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:35 am

Due to illness, a trip I was to have made to Leicester this weekend might now take place next weekend, so I may now be attending the Open Day.

Sadly I'll be travelling by van, as a dog cart wouldn't fit into the Midas. Ah well, every silver lining has a cloud.
DavidL

Postby ACourtney » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

As Michael has already explained, I've managed to choose a date that coincides with the CLA Game Fair at Blenheim Palace.
The last time that this event visited Blenheim, three years ago, the traffic tailed back from Woodstock to the A34 causing gridlock to the North of Oxford. My advice is to try to avoid the Oxford area altogether. So both Michael, coming up the A34 from Southampton, and myself, coming from the West of Oxford, will be needing to make large detours.
The best route to the West is likely to be via Witney, Finstock and Charlbury.

Those coming down the M40 from the North should still be fine to get off at Junction 11 and come through Banbury, but those coming up the M40 from the South would be advised to stay on the M40 until junction 10 and then come cross-country via Middleton Stoney, Upper Heyford and the Bartons. Those coming from the east, via the A43 should use the same cross-country route. Anyone whose route involves coming across the Cotswolds and down the A44 to Enstone should still be fine.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby Victorc » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Alistair,
Thanks for the additional information.
PS do you have any Convertable rear windows (for the hard top)?

See you on Sunday
Regards
Victor
Victorc

Postby cortezkeeper » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:43 pm

I put into the magic machine CLA fair Blenheim travel problems and came across info re traffic arrangements. May be of use to some of you.
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members