Fiat 126 Windscreen Supplier in Germany

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Fiat 126 Windscreen Supplier in Germany

Postby Moneypit » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:44 am

Has anybody heard of this company near Munich, Germany?

Axel Gerstl

Any reviews/feedback??

They list Fiat 126 windscreens on their web site , so I sent them an e-mail for price and availability.

According to the reply , the screens are new laminated ones.

The price for the screen is 102.00 euros. Delivery to the uk would be approx 26,80 euros.

I don't need one at the moment and I know Allan did a multi-order for heated front screens which a lot of people took him up on.

Seems a reasonable price.
Moneypit

Re: Fiat 126 Windscreen Supplier in Germany

Postby Stuart » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:46 am

Sounds good, let us know how you get on if you buy one. I have some spare screens, but could be tempted to get another, I never felt the need for a heated screen with my car being just a summer toy these days.
Stuart

Postby ACourtney » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 pm

I can source the normal FIAT 126 screens from a UK supplier for around £110, but there are no UK couriers who will guarantee/insure for delivering glass. UK screen fitters normally transport screens and other glass around themselves.

On the subject of screens, I've been in touch with a Reliant spares company from whom I have bought screen rubbers in the past. He is now out of screen rubber, but would be interested in getting some more made. If anyone would be interested in a new screen rubber to go with their heated screen then let me know and we will try to organize a group buy along with some Reliant owners.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby goldeneye » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 am

ACourtney wrote:I can source the normal FIAT 126 screens from a UK supplier for around £110, but there are no UK couriers who will guarantee/insure for delivering glass. UK screen fitters normally transport screens and other glass around themselves.

On the subject of screens, I've been in touch with a Reliant spares company from whom I have bought screen rubbers in the past. He is now out of screen rubber, but would be interested in getting some more made. If anyone would be interested in a new screen rubber to go with their heated screen then let me know and we will try to organize a group buy along with some Reliant owners.

Alistair

I don't know what the difference is between a "normal" seal or the one of the Relaint, but with help of this forum I find a normal one that fits.
See this topic: http://midasforum.dyndns.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1285#p8342
Midas Mk II
goldeneye

Postby Stuart » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am

The reliant seal has a slightly wider looking seal. Baines have a similar version in their catalogue with the extra bit on, page 84 IRS 1724 W/S, http://www.coh-baines.co.uk/ Unsure as to any advantage, and I think the standard style seal on your car looks very good myself.

Stuart

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members