MOC Website - Suggested Changes

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Re: MOC Website - Suggested Changes

Postby Alan D. » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi James,

It all looks good to me, could you PM me your email address, as I can probable send you some stuff. Keep up the good work, we need all of the publicity we can get to promote the marque. We are hopefully planning some events in the North in 2013.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby lankyjames » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 pm

PM'd Alan.
lankyjames

MOC Website - Suggested Changes

Postby b1zbaz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:09 pm

The mini marcos page with the registration number and shell number on is very handy to maybe trace a car you previously owned and so on I will trawl through all my dads old photos of kit car shows and see if I can find any pictures of Midas cars I reckon a registration number search would be good as previously mentioned about tracin old cars I don't mind my details being taken and stored somewhere private for people to find there old cars I would love to get hold of jonathon batts to try and get some info on my coupe and maybe meet him for a drink so he can see his old car again so if anybody can help me there that would be excellent
b1zbaz

Postby lankyjames » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Made a few changes to the gallery, welcome to critisism's / thoughts and ideas!

Thinking within the Midas Family of doing similar as the Marcos, a picture of car with its plate number and current known location as the title.
lankyjames

Postby lankyjames » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:06 pm

Here's a new thought, who would be interested to see a Midas Wiki? For which we can compile information regarding our cars?
This should stop the frequent questions such as suspension specs, wiper blades, exhausts, door hinges, seals, mirrors etc
lankyjames

Postby Stuart » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Yes it would be really handy to have a definitive list somewhere. I'm pretty sure there already are lists hosted already, perhaps on Yahoo and Colin's website. I just wish I could remember things these days :(
Stuart

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 am

No there's no list. I've made a list of all tech stories in the club magazines, but it's still handwritten. I haven't had time to put it into Excel o.e. Also we don't have a database concerning the stories on Yahoo or on this forum. I'm planning to make a Midas tech book in pdf format with all interesting tips and restaurations projects included once I have my Midas ready.
So there's no other option at the moment than to search the forums with proper key words.
Hans Efde

Postby lankyjames » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm thinking that this could be a goer then, centralised data store for technical, parts and FAQ. Will just need members help to flesh it out, Hans would you be interested with the stuff you have accumulated already?
lankyjames

Postby lankyjames » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 am

Just to let you all know, I have copied the photos from the Yahoo group and started on the Delphi Forum and have made them available in the MOC gallery, quite a few images I haven't seen before!

Yahoo Photos
Delhpi Photos

I have also put the files from the Yahoo Group here.
Last edited by lankyjames on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lankyjames

Postby kelvink » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 am

Really good to see things are being rounded up and brought together on the site. When I get some time I'll write something up for the club. Hope to do something shortly a bit bogged down at the moment.
kelvink

PreviousNext

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members