MOC Website - Suggested Changes

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Re: MOC Website - Suggested Changes

Postby lankyjames » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 pm

davidj wrote:Hi James

What a difference, I really like what you have done.

One exception is the new banner. I think the slice of car does not do justice to our pretty little cars. May be heighten the banner so that it shows more of the front of the car. At the moment it does not sell the brand.
The Club is about to publish the programme for the year by email. As usual you will get the email for publishing on the web site when the members receive theirs.
I have several photos taken over the last few years which you may or may not have already. I will send them as attachments to your home website, please use as you see fit on the MOC website.

Well done James.

Banner increased, changed the photo as it would have had to have been rather tall to display the other blue midas - Hans should be happy now too :)

Am I understanding we will not be receiving a printed copy of the joint magazine, only digital now?

Please do email all photos, the more the merrier, and hopefully in-time for a new gallery!
lankyjames

MOC Website - Suggested Changes

Postby b1zbaz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 pm

How's about some videos of me drifting the Midas around a privately owned spot of land it will be even easier tomoz with the snow I could also get a video of me wiping the floor with my mate in his Subaru as he can't drive like I can even though he is 60% drive to his rear wheels
b1zbaz

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 am

lankyjames wrote:Hans should be happy now too :)

To be honest I never liked that pic. because it shows the left door very poorly adjusted. It's rectified now :D . If you are looking for an other pic. you can search my Photobucket database (or on flickr there is a large collection my Midas pics as well). If you find one I can email a hires of it.
Hans Efde

Postby lankyjames » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 am

Hans Efde wrote:
lankyjames wrote:Hans should be happy now too :)

To be honest I never liked that pic. because it shows the left door very poorly adjusted. It's rectified now :D . If you are looking for an other pic. you can search my Photobucket database (or on flickr there is a large collection my Midas pics as well). If you find one I can email a hires of it.

Lol I noticed the door for the first time today while adjusting the banner, its not bad at all! If you could send me links to your photobucket and flickr I'll have a dig around!
lankyjames

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:56 am

This is Photobucket: http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/midasracer/
And this is Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/midasracer/
Only problem with Flickr is that it only shows a portion of the dirs since it's a free account. But I've tagged everything with Midas o.e.
Both sites have subdirs. So you may have to make a few extra clicks to get to what you are looking for.
Hans Efde

Postby lankyjames » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Hans Efde wrote:This is Photobucket: http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/midasracer/
And this is Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/midasracer/
Only problem with Flickr is that it only shows a portion of the dirs since it's a free account. But I've tagged everything with Midas o.e.
Both sites have subdirs. So you may have to make a few extra clicks to get to what you are looking for.

That's a lot of photos, for backups sake I'd love to upload them all to the MOC website, I think I'm going to have to look into a user-upload system, such that you can add as you see fit. Back to the thinking game, but plenty of pictures to play with there, thanks Hans.

On a side note, I did not know you had a coffee/tea shop!
lankyjames

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:23 pm

lankyjames wrote:On a side note, I did not know you had a coffee/tea shop!

One has to earn his living doesn't he? Alas technical professions are so poorly paid that I quit the technical business. Not that you get rich with such a shop but the nice thing is that we have rougly the same income, but that my wife works 2 days and I work 3 days a week. Plenty of time left for the kids and the Midas! No 9 to 5 office misery anymore for me!
The funny bit is that when customers ask me about my education (did you study for this?) I have to tell them that I studied for years and hold a bachelor degree in aircraft engineering and design. Some think that I am joking so one day I will nail my diploma to the wall to prove it! :lol:
Hans Efde

Postby Stuart » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:44 pm

I've always admired the Mini marcos website that is managed by Richard Porter, espeically the incredible picture gallery http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/
Stuart

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 pm

I have to say it looks very professional. I like the calender plugin. Maybe interesting to do is a blog page on which members can have a say or report on their car. One tip is to open an extra page f.e. when you open the gallery. Then the main page will still be on the background. I don't know how it works in Wordpress but in HTML you add a page="blank" statement to the link.
Hans Efde

Postby lankyjames » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Stuart wrote:I've always admired the Mini marcos website that is managed by Richard Porter, espeically the incredible picture gallery http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/

I like this, I am trying to think how best to display pictures - I want the MOC homepage to contain as much information as possible, a repository for all that is Midas, with this forum backing it up!

Could I have some input on a gallery containing:
    The different mk's of the Midas - as per the Marcos homepage, a dump of photographs of each version
    Event Galleries - Photos from past events to strengthen MOC homepage posts

Hans Efde wrote:I have to say it looks very professional. I like the calender plugin. Maybe interesting to do is a blog page on which members can have a say or report on their car. One tip is to open an extra page f.e. when you open the gallery. Then the main page will still be on the background. I don't know how it works in Wordpress but in HTML you add a page="blank" statement to the link.

I had thought this today, should I do a single page with members (who are willing) to write a little bit about their car? We could even do features, for an example:
New post on MOC homepage- a mini article about Hans' Gold Convertible
New Page of 'Members Cars' - which will say a short few lines about members cars, which can link to the mini-articles for a full run-down

Or simply just have a members cars page?

I'd love the MOC page to just be something more than a history /about page and would love anymore ideas anyone has!

-Hans I have set the current gallery to open on a new page, I am still considering how best to display pictures with possibly a new gallery system :)
lankyjames

PreviousNext

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members