Mid Summer Newsletter

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Mid Summer Newsletter

Postby davidj » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:38 am

Hi Everybody

All paid up members who have given us their email address should have now received a copy of the latest Newsletter.

If you have not or cannot read the attachment please let me know by email to johnsonjean@blueyonder.co.uk As I am using some new software I would be interested in any problems.

Regards David
davidj

Re: Mid Summer Newsletter

Postby kelvink » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Fortunately as I use Linux I happen to have Open Office on my laptop so was able to open the attachment my tablet and my phone however were not and nor is it likely that most people will be able to either. I'd suggest you save it out as a .doc or better still export it as a pdf. Even better though, why not just put it in the email itself and not do it as a separate file?

Hope that helps

Great to see you're using open source software by the way. 8-)

Link for anyone that wants to read the attachment who can't and grab themselves some free and legal top quality software ..... http://www.openoffice.org/
kelvink

Postby davidj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:44 am

Thanks for that Kelvin, we were not sure how easily it would be read. Although we have only had two people come back to us we have come to the same conclusion and will be repeating the Newsletter in .doc format.
davidj

Postby lankyjames » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Posted the events to the MOC website.

Agree with Kelvin probably best to provide in an open format such as PDF.

David I've also created an account for you to be able to post future events of the MOC website :)
lankyjames

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members