Joint MOC / MMOC magazine

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Joint MOC / MMOC magazine

Postby cortezkeeper » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:46 pm

MOC members should have received a new mag around 18 December, which is when mine arrived. I gather that a couple of members have yet to receive their copies. If any other member ditto, please let me know. My contact info is in all recent mags.
Michael,
Hon Treasurer.
cortezkeeper

Re: Joint MOC / MMOC magazine

Postby Jon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:14 am

Mine arrived yesterday (2nd Jan).
Jon

Postby ACourtney » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Mine also arrived on the Jan 2nd.

A couple of things caught my eye: Firstly the new Marcos sports car featured on page 9.
I thought that it looked familiar rather like the Avelle that appeared at all the shows 8 or 9 years ago
Avelle.jpg
Avelle GTA
Avelle.jpg (177.62 KiB) Viewed 3692 times

It then disappeared for a few years and then re-appeared under new owners at Stoneleigh, only to disappear again.
Now it has re-surfaced with a Marcos badge, having lost the roof bumps and bonnet vent.
No wonder Roger's comments are somewhat sceptical about whether it is truly a Marcos.

The second thing that caught my eye was that Roger is selling a Midas mug for £6. One of the blue ones that I sell for £2.95!
Before anyone accuses Roger of profiteering I should add that Roger's price includes P&P.
I don't recall ever posting one of these mugs, so I thought that I would check the postage cost. It came out at £3.00.
So Roger will need to package it for less than 5p if he is to break even!
Oh well, it's a mugs game.
ACourtney

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:08 pm

I want a Midas mug
b1zbaz

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members