Kit car magazine feature

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Kit car magazine feature

Postby streetsy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:26 pm

I am led to believe that kit car magazine has a 4 page feature on midas cars this month.
streetsy

Re: Kit car magazine feature

Postby Mtrike » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Four page well researched article not based on any shows. Cars featured are E954 VUS, E356 ??? Looks like an early Stoneleigh. C495 MNV and B8 UMM. Plus others where I can't see a no plate. It reads as researched rather than based on current interviews/ cars. Headline billing on the cover is "Is this the most practical kit car?" Guess we all know the answer to that.
Mtrike

Postby ACourtney » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:09 pm

This feature was written by Iain Ayre who now resides in Canada and I think it was done mainly by using internet sources. I think the photos are all from Kit Car magazine's archive - I recognise those featuring B8 UMM as I was driving it!

There should be another Midas feature in Kit Car at the beginning of next year as Rob Hawkins visited us at the Mini World Action day, where he interviewed a number of owners and photographed their cars.
ACourtney

Postby benofbrum » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:32 am

I had an email from Rob Hawkins yesterday asking for details of my Excelsior and its history, since he had mislaid the notes he took at Castle Coombe. He says the feature based on those interviews will be in the January edition
benofbrum

Postby streetsy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:06 pm

I also had an email from Rob Hawkins asking for details, in my reply I mentioned the work I am currently doing to the car he asked me to take photos perhaps with a view to featuring the car, I said that a feature on any Midas would be great especially with next year being an anniversary year.
streetsy

Postby cortezkeeper » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:35 pm

The various professional mags are taking up the club's 30th anniversary very well. Already a paragraph in Practical Classics and Classic Car Weekly. Understand more to come in the latter and seems we can expect good exposure in the monthly kit car mags for our 2015 events. Hope to get a para or two in classic car mags also. Some mags asking for photoshoots, so the cttee will be asking for cars. Watch this space !!
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Postby streetsy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:13 pm

I met with Rob Hawkins from Kit Car a few weeks ago, he has photographed my Midas with a view to featuring it in the magazine, pencilled in for October issue at the moment but that may change.
streetsy

Postby ACourtney » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:15 am

I look forward to reading the feature. Please let us all know when it appears.
ACourtney

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members