Joint magazine

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Joint magazine

Postby cortezkeeper » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Asking for members to send something in for forthcoming joint magazines. Whatever you've done with your beloved (Midas, that is !) or wherever you've been will be of interest to other members. Photos welcome ! We really need to spread the word, which is well received beyond the club -- see current issue Kit Car magazine and watch the space for exposure in other mags.
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Re: Joint magazine

Postby kelvink » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:01 pm

It might help if people knew what the deadline dates were for copy. Also where to send it and in what formats
kelvink

Re: Joint magazine

Postby davidj » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi Kelvin,

The answer is send all copy to the Editor, Roger Garland, by email to roger@minimarcos.plus.com as soon as you have any copy ready. The magazine is published four times per year.

I will let a reply to me from Roger explain about copy dates.
Re the publication dates, as I mentioned at the Midas Owners Club AGM my targets for these are the end of March for the Spring edition, the end of June for the Summer edition, the end of September for the Autumn edition and Christmas for the Winter edition. THE DEADLINE for copy is ( nominally) the end of the PREVIOUS month.

That said, producing the magazine is an everlasting task. The vast majority of articles that I receive are not time critical so I do not strictly work to those deadlines and certainly would not want others to do so - if they did, then I doubtless would receive articles rather late in the day and find myself under pressure. My preference would be for people to just send things through when they are ready.

So take the bull by its horns get writing and send off your notes, news items and articles with photos if possible without delay to Roger our Editor. It is easy once you stop worrying and get started.
davidj

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members