Haynes Rare Breeds

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Haynes Rare Breeds

Postby cortezkeeper » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:16 am

Just had notification that forms are available for Haynes Rare Breeds, Sunday 6 September. Yes, it's some time ahead but the club usually has a very good turnout, so please put in diary. As someone at the museum commented, with our turnout, the Midas is hardly a rare breed !!! Let's keep it that way. I have e-mail contact for Caroline Coombes, the organiser. caroline@haynesmotormuseum.co.uk
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Re: Haynes Rare Breeds

Postby ACourtney » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:25 am

With less than a week to go I was getting worried that I hadn't heard anything back so I phoned Caroline Coombes -01963 442797.
It seems that they have been having IT problems and hadn't received my entry form. So if, like me, you sent your entry by email then it is worth giving her a call to confirm your booking.
If you haven't booked a place yet then there is still time, but again I suggest phoning Caroline to confirm.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby Rich » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Just emailed Caroline about this one.

Rich
Rich

Postby ACourtney » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 pm

I would give give her a phone call tomorrow as she doesn't seem to be getting emails at the moment
ACourtney

Postby axshack » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:20 pm

just spoke to Caroline, she had not received my email application from weeks ago !!
She has put me in, but there is no room on the club stand now, and she has given me ticket number 97

I have no idea how close that is, but hopefully not among the Ferraris !!
d
axshack

Postby Rich » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:25 pm

I had an email reply today from Caroline, no number yet but there are places left.
Rich

Postby axshack » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:26 pm

It was great to finally meet the great and good of the Midas World today at the Haynes Museum.
Weather was also really good, so I hope it stays that way for the next event this month

Dave
axshack

Postby ACourtney » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:54 pm

I don't know about there being anyone great, but I hope we are a good and friendly bunch. It was a shame that Rich couldn't make it in the end as we had great weather and there was an excellent mix of cars to view. From ACs to Zephyrs!

We weren't all parked next to each other this year, probably due to the email issues so the line up had one or two interlopers:

Line up2015 -2.jpg
Line up2015 -2.jpg (92.27 KiB) Viewed 18130 times

Still at least one of them was front wheel drive with hydragas suspension and a hatchback, whilst the others had GRP bodies!

David's Gold was parked half way down the car park, between an AC and a Brough Superior:

David Stephens.jpg
David Stephens.jpg (146.34 KiB) Viewed 18130 times

So in total we had 3 Cortez, 2 Golds and my Excelsior.
ACourtney

Postby Rich » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it, within 50 yds of setting off for work on Friday evening the GTM wouldn't run on anything other than idle, wiggling the ECU connector resulted in it revving but not idling so the car got parked up while I did my run of nights.

I've currently got the MEMS ECU in bits while I solder a new main connector to the board, tomorrow is the turn of the loom plug, that should be fun.... ;)
Rich

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members