STONELEIGH MAY 3rd

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

STONELEIGH MAY 3rd

Postby davidj » Sun May 03, 2015 6:01 am

Marquee is raised, stand all set up, displays furnished. All we want now is LOTS and LOTS of members and Owners with their cars to appear as if by magic!!

Come on over, it may be damp early on but the welcome will be warm and we are looking forward to seeing you and your cars.

Mike is here with his pen raised ready to mark the cars as they arrive to see who will win the Trophys. Neil is busy readying the car to be stuffed! Alistair is putting the finishing touches to the Celebration Cake, what a multi talented man. Mike is counting up the pennies and Tony has the BBQ warming up. I am poised to count up all the Members arriving and hoping that we set a new record.

See you soon. David Johnson Membership Secretary.
davidj

Re: STONELEIGH MAY 3rd

Postby Jin » Sun May 03, 2015 7:25 am

Sounds great, setting off in half an hour ,see you all there....
https://easywider.co.uk/ universal flexible wheel arch extensions
Jin

Postby Mtrike » Sun May 03, 2015 9:39 am

Setting off soon be there at 1100 ish
Mtrike

Postby Jin » Sun May 03, 2015 9:55 pm

I would just like to say a big thank you to all of you for making me feel welcome and involved in your fantastic club especially as a relative newcomer, I felt the buzz and comradery in the air that I thought had long since died in car clubs since the advent of social media, but I was unduly worried and it was great to finally put names to the faces.
The quality of the cars was great too with many helpful folk eager to help out and answer my questions, you really do have a great club and I am happy to now be part of it, I've had an excellent day all round, winning an award was the cherry on the cake too -as was the actual cake

Looking forward to the next day I'm allowed out to play - factory open day, roll on the sunshine ;)
Jin

Postby streetsy » Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 am

Prescott next Sunday if you can get a day pass
streetsy

Postby Jin » Mon May 04, 2015 7:32 am

Day passes don't come too often with 2 under 2s in the house :(
Jin

Postby Mtrike » Mon May 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks to all the committee and helpers for making this happen. Well done.
Mtrike

Postby benofbrum » Mon May 04, 2015 10:27 pm

The boot stuffing contest raised the princely sum of £3 for the club, with the same going to Matt Knight who was well ahead of the field in 51.48 secs. I believe he is putting his winnings towards his new three wheeler. To my chagrin, I could only manage 1m15.33 to finish equal 4th with Richard. Before the photo shoot, I had to clear the interior, and managed to also squeeze into the Excelsior boot a pair of walking boots, small briefcase and 3x2 metre tarpaulin.This morning, I tried to transfer everything from the Excelsior into the Quantum H4 boot. Leaving space in the its boot for the roof panel, there was not room for the sleeping mat, picnic stove, haversack or folding chair.
I predicted several months ago that Justin would be a strong contender for "most improved", but then, I saw his Quantum 2+2 before he sold it.
benofbrum

Postby davidj » Tue May 05, 2015 5:40 am

WOW!

Well done all you members and owners for turning up and making it the best AGM and display for years. Records broken 18 cars on Sunday plus a further 2 additional cars on Monday. So 20 MIDAS cars over the weekend, again well done.

A great thank you to Adrian Dodd for his talks which got more technical on Monday. Thank you Jane Courtney for such a clever anniversary cake, it really looked as if you could drive it away.

Well done Tony Moss for providing us with dry accommodation and organising such a fine event, a really good 30th Anniversary celebration.
davidj

Postby kelvink » Tue May 05, 2015 8:19 am

I'll second David's statement too....

Wow!

Some really excellent Midas examples on the club pitch at Stoneleigh this year and well worth going along to listen to Adrian's talks also. The boot packing was fun too and I want another go now as I am sure I can do it quicker :-)

And the cake! Brilliant! it was a real shame about having to cut into it it's the first time ever I've felt guilty eating a cake :o

On a bit of a sad note in some respects the committee feel they ought to move on and open up the seats on the top table for new blood to come in and steer the club so come along let's first say a HUGE THANK YOU to the gents and especially the lady who've held the reins for many years now and put one heck of a lot of hard work into keeping out club going for us all.

So come along guys and gals let's see some folk stepping up to the plate to see if we can carry on the good work and help maintain this special marque another 30 years. Have a think and maybe let folk know what you can do to help other Midas owners and fans across the country and indeed the world get together and enjoy these cars.
kelvink

Next

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members