Next joint mag

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Re: Next joint mag

Postby kelvink » Mon May 18, 2015 5:45 am

Not really anything to do with the club magazine as we've now drifted well off topic and articles posted to the following won't make it to the magazine but....

Jin this is the address for the Open Day at the workshop
Unit 4F/Enstone Business Park
Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire OX7 4NP

Once you are on the site you can't miss it as it's surrounded by Midas cars of various types and conditions, I've lifted Alistair's driving directions from a previous posting here :-

ACourtney wrote:Thanks for that Stuart,
Yes, Enstone Airfield is situated to the South East of Chipping Norton with good access to the main roads in the area - Here are some suggested routes:

If you are approaching from the North then you will probably be coming down the M40. You have the choice of turning off at Junction 11 or 10.
Junction 11 is for Banbury and you have to cross the town to take the A361, signposted for Chipping Norton. You will drive through Bloxham (birthplace of the XJ220) and past Hook Norton (what comes from there?) past the signs for the wildfowl sanctuary and then take the left turn onto the B4022. 3 miles later you will be skirting the western side of the airfield and take the left turn onto the B4030 sign posted to the Enstone Airfield Business Park. The Park is about a mile further down on the left.

If you are coming from the North East or East then you are likely to take the A43 to Junction 10 of the M40. Go straight over onto the B430, through Ardley and after about a mile take the right turn signposted to Upper Heyford. This takes you past the old USAF airfield into Upper Heyford village where you turn left. Follow the road onto the B4030, cross the A4260 at Hopcroft's Holt, and stay on the B4030 through Middle Barton, past the Lotus F1 team HQ, and as you pass through Gagingwell you will see the airfield to your right. Enter the gates about a mile further on.

If you are coming from the South East then you can stay on the M40 to Junction 10 as above, or leave at Junction 8 and follow the A40 to Oxford. Stay on the A40 around the north of Oxford until you get to the A44 roundabout. Take the A44 north signposted for Woodstock, continue through Woodstock and northwards until you get to Enstone. As you enter Enstone, there is a Texaco station on the left and then a right turn, signposted Airfield Industrial Complex. Take this right turn and then turn right again when you reach the B4030. The gate to the estate is about a mile down the B4030 on the left.

If you are coming from the South, you will most likely come up the A34, past Oxford. Turn off the A34 at the A44 junction, signposted Woodstock and follow the A44 as above.

If you are coming from the South West or West you have a few choices: Get on to the A34 from the M4 or A420 and follow the route mentioned above.
Take the A40 and either head for Stow on the Wold or Burford. The first route takes you along the Fosse way to Stow, where you take a right turn onto the A436 which takes you to the A44. Turn right for Chipping Norton and follow the A44 until you get to Enstone. As you enter Enstone there is a turning onto the B4030 on the left. Take this and follow the B4030 to the estate.
The second route takes you through Burford and onto the A361 for Chipping Norton. However, a couple of miles out of Burford you turn right onto the B4437 signposted for Charlbury. Follow the B4437 to Charlbury and around the village until you get to the junction with the B4022, signposted left for Enstone. Following the B4022 brings you to the A44 just north of the Texaco station. Dogleg right and then left to stay on the B4022 and follow the road to the B4030 junction, where you turn right and follow the B4030 to the estate entrance.

Finally, if you are coming from the North West, then you have the choice of taking the A44 from Evesham to Chipping Norton and follow the route outlined above, you can take the A3400 from Stratford-on-Avon, which blends onto the A44 to the east of Chipping Norton, or take the M40 to Junction 11 or 10.

All these are good Midas driving roads, particularly the A44 from Evesham and the A361-B4437 Burford to Charlbury routes. Hope this encourages a few people to come along.

Alistair
kelvink

Re: Next joint mag

Postby kelvink » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:09 pm

I received my copy of the Summer 2016 issue of the club's magazine this morning and just thought I ought to say what a quality job Roger Garland has done on it. Some good stuff in there too for both the Midas and the Mini Marcos marques. Thank you to those who contribute to the mag and especially thank you to Roger for a job done well.

Coincidentally I was just wondering about this years Midas Open Day at the workshop which is this Sunday and I notice my last posting on this thread seems to have been 12 months ago as low and behold there's the directions to the workshop right there up above this posting. So who else is going? Anyone fancy a bit of a convoy up the A34 from the South Coast from Winchester or there abouts? Mind you as I've just got a different car to go up in (another Midas of course!) I might take advantage of it's superb handling and go via Salisbury to make the most of the A roads it loves so much rather than doing my more usual motorway type route.
kelvink

Previous

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members