Complete Kit Car magazine

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Complete Kit Car magazine

Postby cortezkeeper » Fri May 29, 2015 12:31 pm

June 2015 issue has a range of Midas snippets and mention of upcoming article on Midas cars. This is excellent coverage for the Club and the marque and just the sort of publicity which we can get by keeping the mags informed. There's no promise that items will be published but if we don't supply info, then we can't expect the mags to chase. All members - if you have anything of Midas interest, let me know and I'll try to get exposure.
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Re: Complete Kit Car magazine

Postby axshack » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:53 pm

unfortunately, CKC were going to use pics of my vinyl covered Gold for the upcoming article, but as it is not staying attached to the car very well, I have withdrawn with embarrassment !! So another car in good condition will be required !! Dave
axshack

Postby streetsy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:37 pm

I spoke with Rob the editor at kitcar magazine as he had expressed an interest in my car . I sent a picture of the car in its finished (ish) state. He again expressed interest in photographing it but has not arranged anything at present. Perhaps an individual Midas feature car is not on the cards this year.
streetsy

Postby kelvink » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Rob is editor at Kit Car Magazine, where as Adam is editor at Complete Kit Car now (Ian is still involved but busy with other publications), and Steve is at Total Kit Car

Three different magazines see .... bit complicated but that is actually the simplified summary
kelvink

Postby Geoff Butcher » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Surprised the market can still support three mags...
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby ACourtney » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:58 am

Ian Stent (Publisher and former editor of Complete Kit Car magazine) did a photo shoot at Stoneleigh involving seven of our cars. This will be the basis of a feature to be included in the July issue of CKC. It may even make the front cover.

Rob Hawkins of Kit Car magazine did a three page feature on the club, based on the cars he saw at Castle Combe last September. That appeared in the January 2015 issue of Kit Car.

We just need to get Steve Hole of Total Kit Car, to do a feature to complete the hat-trick!
ACourtney

Postby ACourtney » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:55 pm

The July issue of Complete Kit Car was available at Castle Combe today - subscribers will get their copies next week:

CKCuly2015.jpg
CKC July 2015
CKCuly2015.jpg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 15827 times

Front cover and a seven page feature.

Thanks to everyone who gave their time and made their cars available for the photoshoot, especially those whose cars didn't get featured in the end.

Ian did promise a copy of the magazine for each of you, so if you don't receive anything this week then please let me know and I'll chase Ian up.

Regards,
Alistair
ACourtney

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:27 am

That's amazing! It has been a long time since a Midas graced the cover of a magazine. I need to buy a copy of it, looks splendid!
Hans Efde

Postby streetsy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Looks good, did you have chance to read the article?
streetsy

Postby ACourtney » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:43 am

streetsy wrote:Looks good, did you have chance to read the article?

I've only had the chance to skim through it so far, but it tells the history of Midas rather than going into detail about the cars featured.

We spoke to several people about Midas cars, whilst we were at Castle Combe, on Saturday and mentioned the CKC feature to them. I ran into a couple of them later on and they had both purchased a copy of the magazine. I hope that the message got back to Ian and Adam, who were both manning the CKC stand, that they were buying the magazine for the Midas feature as that can only encourage them to give us more coverage.

I would request anyone who contacts CKC directly to buy a copy - 01823 617908, or ian@performancepublishing.co.uk - to make it clear that they want the issue with the Midas feature. That can only help to demonstrate the level of interest that still exists for Midas cars.
ACourtney

Next

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members