Complete Kit Car magazine

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Re: Complete Kit Car magazine

Postby streetsy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:10 am

It sounds like good coverage, I have laminated a brief summary of the marques history that I attatch to the windscreen of my Midas when I go to meets/events. It still suprises me the amount of people who have had experience of Midas', hopefully publicity will help to encourage people to get more cars in the public eye.
streetsy

Postby DavidL » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 pm

ACourtney wrote:I would request anyone who contacts CKC directly to buy a copy - 01823 617908, or ian@performancepublishing.co.uk - to make it clear that they want the issue with the Midas feature. That can only help to demonstrate the level of interest that still exists for Midas cars.

Well, I bought my copy of the magazine from WHS, but when I read your post, Alistair, I sent Ian Stent an email:

"Hi Ian,
As a result of Alistair Courtney’s request on the Midas Owners’ Club forum, I thought I’d pass this on to you.

I don’t buy any magazines on a regular basis, but I have to thank you for this edition, with its article about the Midas. Really enjoyed it, and it’s good to see a well written article about my vehicle of choice – I built a Mk 2 (Bronze) Midas in 1985, and currently have a Mark 3 (Gold) which is very slowly being returned to a roadworthy condition, with the intention of it eventually becoming my main road transport – an essential, since I live in the middle of a forest!

Many thanks for publishing it.

Best wishes
David Lees (in the middle of Scotland)
"

Shortly after, I got a brief reply from Ian:

"Hi David,
Glad you enjoyed it, and good luck with the Gold!
All the best
ian
"

Nice to get a response. The followup response, which arrived today, was even nicer:

"Hi David,
You email was the ‘letter of the month’ in the last issue, which means you win a CKC fleece!
If you could tell me your size and address, we’ll get one in the post.
Many thanks
Ian
"

I like this kind of surprise, I only sent them an email to thank them for printing the article!
Thanks, Alistair, for prompting me to do so.
And thanks to Ian too, if you're reading this.

:D
DavidL

Postby Stuart » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:03 am

Nice one David. I must get a copy myself.
Stuart

Postby DavidL » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Stuart wrote:Nice one David. I must get a copy myself.

It did have the effect that I went out and bought the latest edition (since that's the one they published my email in)!
DavidL

Previous

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members