Classic show invite for club

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Re: Classic show invite for club

Postby kelvink » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Rich wrote:I'm hoping to be at this one, it'll be in the GTM though. Not been to one of these before.

No birthday party cake for you then ;)
kelvink

Postby Rich » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:33 pm

kelvink wrote:
Rich wrote:I'm hoping to be at this one, it'll be in the GTM though. Not been to one of these before.

No birthday party cake for you then ;)

An outcast... my life is complete.. ;)
Rich

Postby moss » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:15 pm

good that you are going park in kit car area and meet in hall at stand
tony
moss

Postby ACourtney » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:56 pm

kelvink wrote:Great to hear that there's going to be a Midas and Mini Marcos stand at the show. Who is doing the organising of the cars on the stand?

Is this going to be a 3 birthdays celebration? Marcos 50 Midas 30 and 25 years ?

Mine sadly are not really show worthy but I'll drive over to the show in my gold Coupe and happy to park it in the owners discounted zone for people to see what a fixer upper looks like. I love having a good excuse to take it for a proper run out. I've been along to Classic Car shows here at the Bath and West Showground before and they are well worth going to. Usually a fair range of good trade stands there too.

Do we need to get tickets beforehand or can we turn up in our cars on the days and expect to get in at the £5 rate?

Tony is organizing and liaising with the show organizers. The original plan was that we would have a Mini Marcos, a Midas Gold Coupe and a Midas 2+2/Cortez, so that we could celebrate their 50th, 30th and 20th birthdays, respectively. However, we seem to have ended up with a stand that is big enough for five cars so Tony will be looking for more cars to exhibit - step forward now if you have a tidy looking Midas! This is very much a club oriented show and the organizers expect the owners will probably want to turn up with the exhibiting cars each morning and drive away each evening, or even for the clubs to exhibit different cars each day. So the commitment need only be for one day.

Those exhibiting their cars will get in free and the club will also have a few free tickets for volunteers who help out on the club stand - these will need to be arranged through Tony. However, if you just want to turn up in your Midas, another kit car, or a classic, the driver pays £5 and parks in the classic car park. Any passengers, or anyone turning up in a modern car will pay the standard £10. Advance tickets are also available at £8 each from the show's website: http://www.carsandevents.com/event/the- ... tion-show/
ACourtney

Postby streetsy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Would you like my car on the stand?
streetsy

Postby ACourtney » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 am

streetsy wrote:Would you like my car on the stand?

Hi Richard,

I'm sure that Tony would love to see your car on the Midas stand. He doesn't visit the forum that frequently so it would be worth contacting him directly. He needs to know which day, or days, that we can show your car and also a little bit of information about your car for the show programme. That includes the year of build, the engine size and a couple of lines about the car's history.
I'll PM his contact details to you in case you don't have them.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby ACourtney » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:38 pm

We had a great weekend at the Royal Bath & West Showground and the Club owes a big thank you to all those who brought their cars along.
Tony’s big plans paid dividends as we had more cars than we could fit on our stand so we grabbed a bit of unused space and had a satellite stand across the aisle.

The thanks must go to:

Roger and Melanie Garland who brought their own Mini-Marcos along, at the last minute (and taxing it en-route) after a more local MMOC member dropped out due to a health problem.
They did a great job all weekend, with the Mini-Marcos getting a lot of attention, and further cemented the ties between our two clubs.

Meredith Phillips, who trailered his beautiful white Mk2 all the way from Pembrokeshire. He and Mrs P helped with setting up on Friday and were a cornerstone of the stand all weekend.

Chris Nicholls, for lending his black Gold Coupe, which I trailered down for the weekend (It’s now safely back at my workshop Chris).

Michael and Josie Horsley for bringing their white Cortez along and also helping out all weekend.

Neil Franklin, who brought his blue Excelsior along on Saturday. With Neil’s car present we were only missing a Mk1 to complete the Midas model line up.

Stephen Jiggins for bringing his BRG Gold coupe along on Saturday and forming part of our satellite stand.

Kelvin Kinkaid (and Evie), who helped out all weekend and parked his Gold coupe outside in the classic cars area. There were several classics out there that were a good deal scruffier!

Richard Streets, who got up early Sunday morning to drive all the way down from Nottingham in his red Gold Convertible – star of this month’s Kit Car magazine.

And of course to Tony Moss who got it all organized for us and also displayed his blue Gold convertible on the satellite stand.

All in all we were probably the liveliest stand in the kit car hall, with a great club camaraderie aided by a lot of cheery banter and portions of cake. Well we were celebrating three notable anniversaries: 50 years of the Mini Marcos, 30 years of the Midas Gold and 20 years of the Midas 2+2/Cortez.

It was a busy show with lots of visitors, especially on Sunday when the Classic car parking was overflowing. A good way of introducing the Midas to some car enthusiasts who might not have been as aware of the marque as they are now.

The organizers were very pleased with the kit car hall, a new initiative thanks to Ian Stent of CKC magazine. There is every sign they will do it again next year and hopefully invite us again.
ACourtney

Postby kelvink » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Thought I may also add some of the photos I took at the show too. See what you're missing out on an you don't need to bring your Midas along either....

kelvink

Postby benofbrum » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:11 pm

And Madam Chair did not complain about the wind in her hair
benofbrum

Previous

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members