Yet Another Petition

Please post general information for the interests of Midas Owners Club members here.

Yet Another Petition

Postby All That Glisters » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:44 pm

I don't think that this one has the legs to run very far but I added my "X" to it anyway.
(If me attaching a web site page address doesn't work, it is a UK Parliament petition to get rid of car tax for vehicles over 30)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/242510

Brighter Moments - Mark.
All That Glisters

Re: Yet Another Petition

Postby All That Glisters » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Actually I think that the link in my last post is only meant to be for my personal information. So if it doesn't work for you............
I dont know what you need to do but you're all clever people figure it out yourself.

(Shut her down Clancey she's spewin' up mud.)

Mark
All That Glisters

Postby Stuart » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:30 pm

I've put the right link in Mark :)

Not long until my oldest Midas is 40 years old, it'd be nice to think I can get it back on the road for its 40th.
Stuart

Postby benofbrum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:59 pm

Personally, I would rather sign a petition to abolish all road fund licence and put an appropriate tax increase on the fuel. Then, the more you wear the roads out, the more you pay. Why should old cars, which are less economical and more polluting be encouraged. My ex. does less miles in her Ford Ka than I do in my Midas.
Of course, there would need to be some mechanism for fairly charging electric vehicles for their use of the roads, and their contribution to congestion.
Perhaps it would make more sense to drop electric and go for hydrogen power, then the nuclear power stations can hydrolyse away off peak and it can be taxed when sold.
benofbrum

Return to Information for the interest of Midas Owners Club members