Croft Circuit Nostalgia Weekend 6th & 7th August 2011

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Croft Circuit Nostalgia Weekend 6th & 7th August 2011

Postby Alan D. » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:21 pm

A happy new year to one and all,

Last year our little northern Midas group visited the above event and had a splendid weekend. There is something for everyone, motor racing of all classes, air displays, military vehicals, classic cars, fashion shows, music,dressing up in your theme, etc.. etc.... My aim for this year is to have bigger turn out of Midas's and possibly other related cars, i.e. Mini Marcos's, Domino Pimlico's and anyone else who wants to join us. The venue is easily accessible to our Dutch and other Euro friends, as the North sea ferry port of North Shields is only an hours drive from the Croft Circuit! But if you want to stay longer, we have a fabulous coast line, as many old castles you can manage and of course the Roman Wall, we can even do shopping. The Scottish border is only an hour or so away! Don't worry if you haven't been to an event with our little group, you will be well received and made most welcome.

In the past we northern Midas owners have complained that everything happens in the south, well this is a good opportunity to have an excellent northern event! If there is enough interest we could try and put on a barbecue or something, but this will all evolve as time goes on!

The event is by invitation only and is free to cars over twenty years old, you must complete an application form from this site http://www.croftmilitary.co.uk/ . ( applications forms are not available as yet) Watch the video it will give you a good flavour of the event. Have a look at the photographs which I took last year by clicking on the attached links.

If anyone is interested in joining us I can be contacted via email : alandonowho@blueyonder.co.uk

http://picasaweb.google.com/alandonowho ... directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/alandonowho ... directlink

Click on slideshow

Don't procrastinate as entrée to this event will be limited! I'm sure camping and accommodation will be available. Get that Midas out of the garage and come and join us, this could be the incentive to get you Midas on the road!

I would be obliged if someone could post this on the Midas Owners Club, Mini Marcos or other related Mini sites. Help make this northern event a success and get our little marque even more widely recognised!

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Re: Croft Circuit Nostalgia Weekend 6th & 7th August 2011

Postby Alan D. » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Is there anybody out there!

If anyone is interested in this event the application forms are now available: http://www.sacarr.co.uk/croft/classiccar2011.pdf

Pleases post me if anyone is interested in attending this excellent event. I'd rather not go on my own!

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby manifold » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:20 pm

.......bring out yer dead.

There's over 150 subscribers but its always the same handful ;)
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Geoff Butcher » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Love to, but I tend to get a nosebleed if I go north of Peterborough. Anyway I can't afford the petrol. With you in spirit, though! ;)
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Alan D. » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Well thanks for that, it's good to know that there is somebody else who is alive with a Midas! With regards to cost, it will be soon cheaper to run our cars on double malt whisky! Sorry it's too far, would love to see a good turnout of Midas's.

Thanks for the response
Alan
Alan D.

Postby Rich » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:16 pm

I'm alive and so's my Midas, unfortunately I'm going to be needing more than two seats to go anywhere in the first three weeks of August.
Rich

Postby mikeeskriett » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Don't go as far as Peterborough I came with work and never made it back down south it is literally the twilight zone here!!

Love to go to croft but can't commit at the moment as things are somewhat fluid at the moment with work.

Cheers,

Mike
mikeeskriett

Postby Alan D. » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Rich wrote:I'm alive and so's my Midas, unfortunately I'm going to be needing more than two seats to go anywhere in the first three weeks of August.

Well, just bring two cars and a tent, we can do holidays up here just as good as everywhere else!

Thanks for the response.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:02 pm

mikeeskriett wrote:Don't go as far as Peterborough I came with work and never made it back down south it is literally the twilight zone here!!

Love to go to croft but can't commit at the moment as things are somewhat fluid at the moment with work.

Cheers,

Mike

Love to see you, put your entrée in anyway, otherwise you will miss the boat. Ah yes! The boat trip ( North Sea Ferry) is next year!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby alberto midas » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Alan,
I have sent my form in today so you wont be alone! Come on Midas people.Where can you get two days of top class classic car motor racing for nought !!
Just seeing the variety of cars in the car park inside the circuit makes the trip worth it, never mind the other attractions on show.
Alberto
alberto midas

Next

Return to General meets and events