Stoneleigh

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Stoneleigh

Postby DavidL » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:02 pm

manifold wrote:yes thats right. I have an early bonnet with the 2 slots and a late one with the 4......plus I have the bonnets that only I have... and Rich now. ;)

Did you make those "special" bonnets yourself? How much taller is the head on your engine than the standard A series head?
DavidL

Postby manifold » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Yes. I made the bonnets. Took about a month to make the first. I have the mould for them which I made, in case I damaged them. Also a little mould for the air intake.

The 7 port heads site more or less the same height as a 5 port. That was the original reason for making the bonnet, so I could get the carbs under....as they would protrude unsightly otherwise. A side effect is that the engine runs a few degrees cooler anyway though as their is more air around the engine now.

The KAD 16 v engine sits higher. Main thing that is an issue is the front cam pulley. Even with special bonnet I had to modify body to make it fit, hence the bulge for the front cam pulley. I have a new cam carrier now which is the later type...narrower and doesnt sit as high either. I think KAD had competition brewing with the Jack Knight 16v head which was an easier fit so KAD re-eingineered it smaller, using same head though. Hopefully I will be able to make a lot smaller cam pulley bulge on the bonnet. Although it wasnt too unsightly before.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby DavidL » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 am

I've got a lot of research to do, I hadn't even heard of the 7-port engine (or the name "Megajolt") before I joined this forum. Admittedly I'd lost interest in the A series engine about the same time I sold my Bronze though (93-ish), so it's maybe not so surprising.
DavidL

Postby manifold » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:03 am

I wouldnt bother with Megajolt. Go straight to Megasquirt V3X, then at a later date you can run fuel injection. Probably one of the biggest wins you can get on an A series. A lot more durable, especially in the wet.

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby moss » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:26 am

hi, since the club provide the barbque for all that eat
could you tell me how meny are likly to attend on sunday and monday for milk etc

tony moss
hon sec
moss

Postby manifold » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Hello Tony.

I will probably be there on the Sunday.

David

manifold

Postby Rich » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm aiming for Sunday, if someone is willing to take some money off me I'll be paying my subs too.... ;)
Rich

Postby mikeeskriett » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:49 pm

I'll be there on the Sunday and I'll be settling up with the club too. As usual I have a shopping list but now for two cars!

Cheers,

Mike
mikeeskriett

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:06 am

I'm planning to go on Sunday.
Jon

Postby mikeeskriett » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Hurrah the convertible passed it's MOT (after a little rework) so I'll be there on Sunday hopefully with the new seats in :-)
mikeeskriett

PreviousNext

Return to General meets and events