Midas Rebuild Forum at Open Day

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Rebuild Forum at Open Day

Postby cortezkeeper » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:57 am

The Midas Rebuild Forum which Alistair will be leading at Open Day, Sunday 24 July, his workshop on the Enstone Airfield Business Park, is timed to start at 11.00 a.m.
Alistair did mention that there is a Game Fair at Blenheim Palace that weekend. This very popular event could lead to some traffic congestion around Woodstock on the A 44, so you might like to plan an alternative route to the workshop. Local lanes quite attractive !!
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Re: Midas Rebuild Forum at Open Day

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:08 pm

is anybody from near manchester area going to the open day alistair has got a handbrake cable for me and i was hoping somebody could collect it for me please
b1zbaz

Postby DavidL » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:35 pm

b1zbaz wrote:is anybody from near manchester area going to the open day alistair has got a handbrake cable for me and i was hoping somebody could collect it for me please

I'm not from Manchester, but will be returning up the M6 because I have to collect a gearbox from Warrington. Would you be able to meet me somewhere on the M6, maybe a service area? I really don't want to divert off the motorway any more than I need to because I want to get back to the Dundee area as quickly as possible...
DavidL

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:54 pm

that would be wonderful you tell me where and i will meet you there im at junction 17 m60 and will travel anywhere to meet you my closest junctions are 21a and 23 only problem is i have not paid for it i have cash waiting though
b1zbaz

Postby DavidL » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 pm

b1zbaz wrote:that would be wonderful you tell me where and i will meet you there im at junction 17 m60 and will travel anywhere to meet you my closest junctions are 21a and 23 only problem is i have not paid for it i have cash waiting though

Okay, but I won't have a good idea when I'll be passing until I've left the open day. If you PM me your phone number I'll contact you on Sunday when I have a better idea of when I'll be passing.
How much do you owe Alistair for the cable?
DavidL

Postby ACourtney » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:24 am

Hi All,

The idea of the Rebuild Forum, is to give everybody the chance to ask questions and also to contribute with their own experiences.

I intend to give a couple of demonstrations to illustrate some of the simpler restoration techniques that we can all apply to our cars: for example using buffing compound to bring dull Gelcoat back to gloss.

If anyone has a particular question that might best be answered by a practical demonstration please contact me in advance, or post the question up here.

Hope to see many Midas Owners at Enstone on Saturday.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby davidj » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi All

Alistair, I think, means SUNDAY the 24th NOT Saturday. The Open Day is SUNDAY the 24th July for sure. :roll:
davidj

Postby ACourtney » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:57 am

Thanks David, yes I did mean SUNDAY.

But if anyone does turn up on Saturday, I'll be there at Enstone!

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby DavidL » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:48 am

faceofdoh wrote:
b1zbaz wrote:that would be wonderful you tell me where and i will meet you there im at junction 17 m60 and will travel anywhere to meet you my closest junctions are 21a and 23 only problem is i have not paid for it i have cash waiting though

Okay, but I won't have a good idea when I'll be passing until I've left the open day. If you PM me your phone number I'll contact you on Sunday when I have a better idea of when I'll be passing.
How much do you owe Alistair for the cable?

B1zbaz, I still don't have a phone number from you. I need that by the time the Open Day finishes today or I won't be able to contact you to deliver your cable!
I may not be able to get back online today, so please phone or text me on 07941 734545 TODAY please, or you won't get your cable. Ta!
DavidL

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 pm

thank you very much face of doh i will be fitting the handbrake cable tomoz and will finally be able to get rid of those bricks which currently stop my car taking itself for a drive i hope you had a safe journey
b1zbaz

Next

Return to General meets and events