Stafford Show 17th & 18th September

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Stafford Show 17th & 18th September

Postby ACourtney » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 pm

I had a call today from Tom Saunders, the organiser of the Stafford show.

He is looking for Mini based (and related, so any Midas will qualify) kit cars to go on display in the hall and was offering free entry to drivers and passengers of any cars exhibited. If you are interested please call Tom on 02083952653.
Please note that this will tie you to being there from 9.00am to at least 4.00pm.

Whilst mentioning free entry, it is worth reminding anyone intending to visit the show that to qualify for free entry you need to take a recent copy of Kit Car magazine as, unlike other shows, drivers of kit cars do not automatically get free entry. This caused quite a bit of friction at last year's show.

Alistair
ACourtney

Re: Stafford Show 17th & 18th September

Postby Alan D. » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 pm

There are three cars coming down from the North,so far, two Midas and Johnny with his Pimlico. The Pimlico's have a stand in the hall too! Am I being cynical or are they struggling to find manufactures to attend in these hard times!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby wolfie » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Did anybody go to the show? In my opinion to be honest it was crap. There were only a few manufacturers there with the 'big ones' conspicuos by their abscence and I counted 16 owners cars on the field. To be honest I'm not bothering with the show again...the largest stand was Car Builder Solutions for god sake!
wolfie

Postby Stuart » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:11 pm

I went to Stafford show over 20 years ago and it was rubbish then.
Stuart

Postby lankyjames » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:13 pm

wolfie wrote:Did anybody go to the show? In my opinion to be honest it was crap. There were only a few manufacturers there with the 'big ones' conspicuos by their abscence and I counted 16 owners cars on the field. To be honest I'm not bothering with the show again...the largest stand was Car Builder Solutions for god sake!

Was playing with the idea of going, glad i didn't now! Stayed home, got a radio and speakers fitted in the mini instead - one happy girlfriend!
lankyjames

Postby Rich » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:14 pm

wolfie wrote:Did anybody go to the show? In my opinion to be honest it was crap. There were only a few manufacturers there with the 'big ones' conspicuos by their abscence and I counted 16 owners cars on the field. To be honest I'm not bothering with the show again...the largest stand was Car Builder Solutions for god sake!

Went last year and said I wouldn't do it again. Not impressed with the lack of advertising, signs and exhibitors. Being charged to enter was the icing on the cake when the largest display there was the kit car owners who had managed to find the place.

For some reason I just sent this to Wolfie as a PM instead of posting it here.....
Rich

Postby Alan D. » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi all,

We went to the show to support Johnny as he had been requested to attend by the Pimlico owners, the email came from some Dutch Pimlico owners. But you can imagine his disappointment when not one Pimlico turned up! Johnny drove back the 200 miles back on the Saturday night, as he only had a pass-out for one day! George and I stayed overnight, as I suffer from sleep apeonia and would probably fall asleep and run into a motorway bridge on the way home, if I'd tried to go home on the Saturday! So thanks to George for accommodating me!

Yes, Wolfie and Rich it was a poor show, but we made the best of it. You can imagine our suprize when we found out we were the show and were asked to exhibit our cars in the hall! They really were desperate! But at least we didn't have to pay! Sunday turned out to be quite good as we got chatting to a lot of people, so it turned out OK!

But one moan to Wolfie (and Lankyjames when you were at Newark). Why didn't you say hello? We go to quite a few shows and have linked up with other (loan) Midas owners. It's a lonely business building kit cars, so why not link up with other people! On some of our runs we have had 8 or 9 Midas's. One of the wives once said, "When you see one Midas, it's amazing, but when you see six together it's awesome!"

Wolfie and Lankyjames, please don't take offense at what I said, as it really apply's to all Midas owners, We go to a lot of trouble telling people about events and we get no response! Even if your car is not on the road come and join in, we can always find a seat for you!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby wolfie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Apologies Alan but the mood I was in you were lucky not to run into me. Not 1 thing bought off my considerable shopping list and a banging headache, the only time I laughed was when my old man couldn't get up after lying under the yellow Gold Coupe taking photos of the coilover brackets.
I think part of my downer on the show was the fact I was ill but made the effort to go because the magazine write up made out they'd revamped the show and it could rival Stoneleigh.....a lesson learnt.
Hopefully by Stoneleigh next year I may have got the car on the road and the missus can terrify me with her driving there and back
wolfie

Postby Alan D. » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

wolfie wrote:Apologies Alan but the mood I was in you were lucky not to run into me. Not 1 thing bought off my considerable shopping list and a banging headache, the only time I laughed was when my old man couldn't get up after lying under the yellow Gold Coupe taking photos of the coilover brackets.
I think part of my downer on the show was the fact I was ill but made the effort to go because the magazine write up made out they'd revamped the show and it could rival Stoneleigh.....a lesson learnt.
Hopefully by Stoneleigh next year I may have got the car on the road and the missus can terrify me with her driving there and back

Not to worry, I was not too good myself, very heavy cold or man flu, so just as well! I could have bored you for hours about coilover brackets, did you not look at the set up on the cream convertible? We will try again at Stoneliegh next year!

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby wolfie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 pm

I (well my dad) got photos from the coupe and the convertible. Was the convertible yours Alan because I thought the MX5 seats really suit the car?
wolfie

Next

Return to General meets and events