Stoneleigh 6-7th May 2012

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Stoneleigh 6-7th May 2012

Postby Moneypit » Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Rich wrote:Won't be at Newark I'm afraid, it's a long way to go for what it was the last time I was there.

Isn't Newark up to much? Looked promising on the web site.Not too far for me in Derby so I'll probably give it a go.
Moneypit

Postby Rich » Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Moneypit wrote:
Rich wrote:Won't be at Newark I'm afraid, it's a long way to go for what it was the last time I was there.

Isn't Newark up to much? Looked promising on the web site.Not too far for me in Derby so I'll probably give it a go.

I was last there a couple of years ago, quite sparse for exhibitors and attendees. They also wanted payment from kit car drivers which is unusual considering they made up 60% of the show. It may well have improved as I know the organiser had some pretty robust feedback over it, but for me it's a long way and offers nothing that I can't get at Stoneleigh or Exeter which is just down the road from me.

That said, I'm sure your lad would love it and it's a good reason to get out in the car for the day.
Rich

Postby johnnyfixit » Tue May 08, 2012 10:20 am

Newark was very sparce last year Image and thats after a big push off the unusuall mini scene who contacted various clubs and magazines to meet up there.
If it wasn't for us using the trademans entrance I wouldn't have paid to go in !
johnnyfixit

Postby Alan D. » Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

johnnyfixit wrote:Newark was very sparce last year Image and thats after a big push off the unusuall mini scene who contacted various clubs and magazines to meet up there.
If it wasn't for us using the trademans entrance I wouldn't have paid to go in !

Hi Johnny,

That picture was Stafford Show, not Newark.

Newark was a much better attended show and well worth a visit!

Newark is more a club event, with a reasonable amount of stands, not as big as Stoneliegh, but definately worth a visit, a good day out in my opinion.

Stoneliegh was also good this year, not as big as I've seen it, but a worthwhile weekend.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby b1zbaz » Tue May 08, 2012 8:49 pm

i think stoneleigh was alot busier this year quantum had an excellent turnout and midas stand seemed busier just a shame mine was not there still gutted
b1zbaz

Postby Hans Efde » Tue May 08, 2012 9:20 pm

b1zbaz wrote:i think stoneleigh was alot busier this year quantum had an excellent turnout and midas stand seemed busier just a shame mine was not there still gutted

Don't be. Look at me. I am the worst case scenario. I had hoped to be there too, but there is still a big hole where the engine should go. Not to mention the suspension in a hundreds of bits on the bench, the dashboard looks like it exploded, a whole new injection and ignition system has to go in including lots of new wiring and I just continue to remove bits instead of getting it together again. But my goal is to be at Stoneleigh in 2013. At least yours was on the road and the problems are small. Mine is getting square tyres of sitting in the garage.
Hans Efde

Previous

Return to General meets and events