Workshop Open Day and MOC BBQ July 15th

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Workshop Open Day and MOC BBQ July 15th

Postby ACourtney » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 pm

It has been suggested to me that I should post up a notice in this section to emphasize that the Open Day and BBQ is not just for MOC members. You don't even have to own a Midas!

It is open to all Midas enthusiasts, owners, former owners, future owners. We even welcome GTMs, Marcoses and any other kit car to our gathering.

Tony likes to get an idea of numbers for judging how much food to buy, but we've never gone short before. So come along and join the fun - the sun always shines on Midas events (mostly).

Alistair
ACourtney

Re: Workshop Open Day and MOC BBQ July 15th

Postby kelvink » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:49 pm

ACourtney wrote: You don't even have to own a Midas!

It is open to all Midas enthusiasts, owners, former owners, future owners. We even welcome GTMs, Marcoses and any other kit car to our gathering.

Doh!!!!!!!!! :roll:

And I've gone and got myself a one so that I could join you all on this Image Oh well.

I'm intending on coming even if I didn't need to splash out on another car to pop along. Looking forward to seeing the other Midas owners and fans too.
kelvink

Postby max midas » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Would love to, but it's the first time my parents will meet their grandson - don't think I can get out of this one.
max midas

Postby kelvink » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 am

Have been chatting with Alistair Courtney over the weekend and I'm going to bring my Mk2 up to the Open Day (all be it on a trailer) as it's a a good example of what's happened to a fair few Midas. i.e. it's been sitting idle for several years lately and really there's no reason why it shouldn't be back on the road.

As this is where I intend to put the car, not only will I learn a lot by having it at the Open Day, hopefully many other Midas fans will too and perhaps it will inspire folk to get more Midas back on the road where they should be being enjoyed. There's plenty in various states of build/re-build so should be a great event to share ideas and solutions.

Looking forward to seeing you guys and girls too at Enstone.
kelvink

Return to General meets and events