LE JOG 1ST-4TH DEC

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

LE JOG 1ST-4TH DEC

Postby stan1396 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm

I saw this in the paper the other day,LE JOG Historical rally which runs from Lands End to John'o Groats and includes night and time trials.Close to us in the North East,it is stopping at Slaley Hall on the sunday night,and a run through the 'remoter parts' of Northumberland on the monday morning.I'm guessing that could be Kielder forest,but will have to try to get some more info.It just crossed my mind that it will be passing a lot of members somewhere on the route.It has a cut off date of 1984 for vehicles,so there should be some good cars in there.If I can find out any more for our local members I will repost.Thanks,Stan.
stan1396

Re: LE JOG 1ST-4TH DEC

Postby stan1396 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:05 pm

I cant find out much more info on this locally,just that it finishes on the sunday night at 7pm at Slaley hall near Hexham.The weather forecast is not good for the weekend,with freezing temperatures and possible snow-but then it would look good on the pics! It just depends on if it is good enough to travel to see it at the time.Unfortunately,I am working on the Monday morning,as I would rather see them set off again in daylight.I have seen the entrant list and it looks good-old alfas,porsche,lotus cortina,cooper mini's,volvo amazon and others.Stan.
stan1396

Postby Alan D. » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi Stan,

Dave Angles usually marshals on this event, I think last year they had a breakfast stop at "The Gosforth Park Hotel" and also some event at Eshott Airfield ( my old airfield). I've seen videos of the event and it is amazing to see 1930's open topped Bentleys sliding about in the snow and ice. Get in touch with Dave, he usually knows about all of these types of events in our area.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby stan1396 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:18 pm

I am a bit late in posting,but I did get to this.Main problem was I got there too early-and it was about -6 with an inch or so of frost! After standing around for 40mins the first cars started to come in,some sounding very tired-fractured exhaust on a mini,peugeot 404 running on 3 cyls etc.There was a good mix of cars from what I saw,but I eventually got so cold that I had to leave-and get home at a reasonable time.It was an experience,but I dont think I would go again.As I left they were running around a figure of 8 doing time trials,but I could not take photos as they would have been blinded by the flash! so all my pics are just of static cars in the car park.I will try to add pics at a later date.Stan.
stan1396

Return to General meets and events