Mini World Action Day Castle Combe

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Mini World Action Day Castle Combe

Postby kelvink » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:33 pm

It seems nobody has actually posted any reminders about this on the Forum so I thought I'd do it.

28th September at Castle Combe Circuit there's the Mini World Action Day and if you've got a Midas then get yourself to it. There's a circuit to be driven on and lots of parts to be had! There's also a Midas Owners Club slot I'm sure as there has been in previous years. I expect Tony Moss has all the details and dare say he'll post something sooner or later. I just figured I'd remind folk now so if you're south of the Midlands get yourself to Castle Combe. If you're North of the Midlands then get up to Alan's event for the Queen's Highway

There's some driving to be done!
kelvink

Re: Mini World Action Day Castle Combe

Postby ACourtney » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:19 am

Yes, Tony Moss is the one to contact. As usual he has arranged for some free entry tickets and discounted track time.

You don't have to thrash your car around the track (although those who do seem to enjoy that most ;) ) as there is plenty else to see and do.

There are loads of interesting Minis and usually a selection of Mini based kit cars to have a look at - last year there were a couple of Biotas, the ex CCC Cox GTM and a Unipower. Plenty of trade stands selling all sorts of Mini parts and that includes just about anything you are likely to need for an A-series engine.
And of course there will be other Midas owners to meet and catch up with.

The club always takes part in the lunchtime parade laps, usually touring en-masse.

Tony is currently away on holiday, but should be back next week (Monday 9th). So if you are interested in going I suggest that you contact him.
ACourtney

Postby davidj » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:19 am

Details in MIDAS OWNERS CLUB section of the forum.
davidj

Postby kelvink » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 am

Who's ready for this?

Good place to get spare parts if you're not. I'm going :-)
kelvink

Postby lankyjames » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:21 am

kelvink wrote:Who's ready for this?

Good place to get spare parts if you're not. I'm going :-)

Every year I say I will go, every year something comes up!

Car is currently out of action for a broken stud and a leaky radiator but more importantly going to see girlfriends new neice this weekend (born yesterday), shame to keep missing it. Maybe next year!
lankyjames

Postby kelvink » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:51 pm

a new neice, sweet, you can't skip on seeing her. In a years time she will fit the back seat of the Midas nicely. See you next year ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 Using ForumTouch for Android
kelvink

Postby kelvink » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 am

OK I didn't take many photos but here's a handful anyway...

The day started a bit damp which might have put some off going but as usual it was all good fun and plenty of parts available even to rebuild the original Mini your Midas was built on should you be so inclined. But best of all it was worth going to see Matt pass a Mini on the track along with also passing an Almera, I kid you not!
kelvink

Return to General meets and events