Now Cancelled Kit Fest Castle Combe Saturday, July 19, 2014

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Now Cancelled Kit Fest Castle Combe Saturday, July 19, 2014

Postby kelvink » Sun May 11, 2014 8:50 pm

No body seems to have posted anything about this so I thought I ought to.

This is a new show/event where not only do we get together as a bunch of kit car owners and fans but there's also various activities being organised including track time on the circuit at Castle Combe. I'm keen to go as are a few other Midas owners. Who would be interested if I were to maybe try and get a Midas block for us all to gather and meet up with several getting out on the circuit?

So what can I expect from KitFest?

FREE Admission and Display Parking for drivers arriving with their kit car
FREE Owner’s Club Stands with no limit to number of cars on display
HUGE Trade Village and manufacturers giving demo rides
15-minute track sessions running all day
Exclusive Track Sessions available to Owner’s Clubs
Slower Track Sessions with Pace Car; no overtaking
Drifting Displays from the Drift Battles
Camping on Friday and Saturday night
Tavern Bar and Restuarnat open until late with live music on Saturday night
Arrive ‘n’ Drive Karting on Friday evening and Saturday morning
Free Admission for children aged 16 years and under
Early Booking Discounts

Let me know and I am happy to see what I can get organised. I don't know about you but this is just the sort of event/show I love going to.

Kelvin
kelvink

Re: Kit Fest Castle Combe Saturday, July 19, 2014

Postby davidj » Mon May 12, 2014 5:48 am

Hi Kelvin

Sounds a great idea count me in. David Johnson
davidj

Postby kelvink » Wed May 14, 2014 1:47 pm

I need to know numbers for registering at this show. If you want to join in the fun at Castle Combe then please let me know ASAP as it's getting close to the closing date.

This show is more than just a static gathering as the track is available too so this really is the ideal kit car show. Let me know now and I can save you £15 on track session times. So who wants to join us at the show on our stand and out on the track too. You'll be kicking yourselves if you miss out I'm sure of it. With any luck I'll have another Midas to play with on the track. I'm going for the most improved car award with this one as it's a bit rough around the edges to say the least but all the more reason to take it along and find out what needs doing to it plus pick up some parts all at the same time.

Drop me a line via the membership@ email address for the club or give me a call my details are in the Club Magazine on the inside cover

Kelvin
kelvink

Postby ACourtney » Thu May 15, 2014 8:13 pm

kelvink wrote:Let me know now and I can save you £15 on track session times.

Kelvin

How much is that for a session then?

Sounds good though and Combe is always fun, so I shall be there.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby wolfie » Thu May 15, 2014 10:51 pm

never seen anything about this show but think it's 1 I'll be at. I loved donnington for grabbing a lift in the ultimas so this looks perfect. Wont be able to come in the midas cos its in bits due to experimental upgrades
wolfie

Postby kelvink » Sun May 18, 2014 10:22 am

The Club is attending the show and we'll have a reserved area for 6 cars though I'm sure we'll be able to shuffle things to get any none members a space if they bring their Midas along when they sign the membership registry ;-)

Track sessions are best booked early as I'm sure you can all appreciate they are very popular. So the sooner the book the better the prices. Currently you can get a session for £25 at the time of me posting this but they will be £40 on the day. All cars must be to MOT standard and meet our sound regulations. Full details on vehicle plus driver requirements can be found on the Action Day FAQs page. Passengers are allowed out on the day but they need to purchase their passenger pass and sign our indemnity form at the Strawford Centre on the day. The cost for Passenger Rides is £5 per passenger and they must be aged 16 years and over to participate, proof of age may be asked for.

You can book your session using this link here http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action-day-booking.asp?BookingEventID=712

If you're a club member you need to book as a member prior to the day. It's all a bit confusing so if in doubt drop me a line and I'll run a list of members and cars that we know are going to be attending to ensure you get a free driver's entry with the club for the day. If you leave it all till the day and turn up there is a gate charge but it's not too bad as it's £5 for the driver with kit car on the gate. As of next week specific places are going to be reserved and then it's a bit tighter as to where and how much.

Snooze you lose is what we say in our family....
kelvink

Postby b1zbaz » Mon May 19, 2014 10:21 pm

So you have to pay to take a kit car to a kit car show
b1zbaz

Postby kelvink » Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 am

b1zbaz wrote:So you have to pay to take a kit car to a kit car show

Admission tickets for KITFEST are FREE for kit car drivers only (not passengers) and can be obtained by either pre-registering below or by being part of an Owner’s Club display. If part of an Owner’s Club display then please do not pre-register online but complete and submit the Owner’s Club Booking Form which can be downloaded from the main KitFest webpage. http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=712

You just need to book for the Free ticket. I would guess that should you turn up on the day with your kit you may get in for free but it's simple to be sure you will get in free of charge just book it. The club will have 6 allocated slots so folk will need to let me know if they want one of those slots but 4 are already taken. "Snooze you lose"
kelvink

Postby Stuart » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Sadly for those who were thinking of going now cancelled

https://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/do ... 100614.pdf
Stuart

Re: Now Cancelled Kit Fest Castle Combe Saturday, July 19, 2

Postby davidj » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:35 pm

Well spotted Stuart, I had not noticed this. You have probably saved several people a wasted journey.
davidj

Next

Return to General meets and events