Minis On The Quay

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Minis On The Quay

Postby kelvink » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:15 pm

OK now I've got a Midas with an MOT I'm looking for some events to pop along to. A regular event down here is held on the quayside at Poole where they close the whole quay off and only allow certain vehicles along it. The Mini's will have it on July 11th so I'm going to plan to go along this time in the Gold Coupe. Anyone else fancy going? It's free and plenty of pubs, fish n chips etc plus hundreds and hundreds of Minis.

kelvink

Re: Minis On The Quay

Postby kelvink » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Well my little trip in the Gold last night seemed to go fine with no mishaps for the journey to or from Bournemouth so Friday evening down at Poole Quayside is looking like it's on too :-)

Seems there's a rendezvous at the Mac D just off the Fleetsbridge roundabout for local Minis to gather for a convoy down to the Quay meeting up at 17:45. It's a free event and anything related to the Mini has access to the Quayside after 6pm when it'll be closed off from any other cars for 3 hours. Best I plan to get down there then :D it's free !
kelvink

Postby kelvink » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Just thought I'd pop a note up here to say that the Minis On The Quay event was really good, thoroughly enjoyable with lots of friendly Mini owners and Mini based kits too Definitely one to keep a note in the calendar for. Drop me a line if any other Wessex Region members want to meet up as there's several other events like this in the area I'm going along to.

Will pop some photos up on here shortly though you may be able to see them by following this link...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cvfs ... fmctih1pv8

Meantime here's my Midas moored up alongside my Gin Palace, it's the big white one (I wish)
kelvink

Postby kelvink » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:23 am

OK here's some more photos for those who missed this event. It's well worth going to if you are near Bournemouth at all.

So hopefully I'll get to see more Midas owners getting out and about joining in with various meets around the country soon. I have to say a big thank you to the Bournemouth Mini Club for letting me tag along in their convoy down to the quayside and their friendly welcome.
kelvink

Return to General meets and events