See the section Midas Owners Club Meets and Events. July 31 to August 3rd. 2014

ONE TICKET REMAINING - apply to Tony Moss if you would like to come
davidj

Re: INTERNATIONAL MINI MEET

Postby Stuart » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Stuart

Re: INTERNATIONAL MINI MEET

Postby ACourtney » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:06 pm

I had a great day at IMM yesterday and it was nice to meet some new faces, as well as some familiar ones.

Tony and David had set up the Midas Owners Club area with a tent and some display boards. There was a lot of interest in Midas cars from Mini owners, not to mention several Midas owners who had come along in their Minis. Tony and David had been fielding questions since arriving on Friday morning and had hardly had the chance to look around the show themselves.

IMM2014.jpg
MOC area at IMM2014
IMM2014.jpg (147.26 KiB) Viewed 9612 times

With a Mk2, all the way from Finland, a Mk3 from Holland, David's convertible from Bristol and Tony's Cortez from Coventry, it transpired that my journey from Oxford was the shortest. It made me feel like a lightweight, especially since I was only there for the one day. Then there were the Midas owners, who had come along in their Minis, from Cologne, Belfast, Aberdeen and Newcastle. It was great to meet all these people who had the made the effort to get to Kent for the show.

I think that I would describe IMM2014 as being a lot like the Mini-World Action day, only 5 times the size and obviously without the track action! There was lots and lots of cars to see in the clubs area, lots of interesting bits to see in the trade area and lot else to do in the showground and outside as well. It is just a shame that next year's show is in Lithuania. How far is that then?
ACourtney

Return to General meets and events