DEWS Downton meeting....

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

DEWS Downton meeting....

Postby kelvink » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:52 pm

This is in my region so I figured I ought to post this....

DEWS – DOWNTON MOTOR CLUB
MEETING - - Friday 12th August 7pm @ The Brian Whitehead Sport Club Wick Lane , Downton SP5 3NF
2017 The DEWS Downton Motor Club will be celebrating the 70th year of Downton Engineering Works being associated with the Downton History. All being well the motor club will be affiliated to the BWSCA therefore this in turn will give all club members the benefit of other activities. The motor club is opening it’s doors with an invitation for you to come along to this informal gathering with the hope of encouraging New members to come forward and join – all ages welcome , there will be a buffet laid on to enable everyone to sit & chat informally about the club & it’s future . It’s not necessary to even own a vehicle

I'm contemplating going along particularly as I will have a reasonably presentable road worthy Midas by then too. Anyone else in the 'Wessex general area' fancy going ? Let me know as they seem to have a buffet organised and would like to know numbers of people to cater for.
kelvink

Re: DEWS Downton meeting....

Postby coh1952 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:15 pm

I hope to be going.
I shall not need feeding.
It's near enough for me to ride my bike - but not this time.
ColinOH
coh1952

Postby max midas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:40 pm

I'll be with you in spirit, but as child number 2 is due around then, I don't think I'll be allowed to come out to play!
max midas

Postby kelvink » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Thought I'd just give this a bit of a bump as it's this Friday. I'm looking forward to taking a Midas along and meeting up with some other keen A series enthusiasts
kelvink

Postby kelvink » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:33 am

Well what a fun friendly meet that was. It is what it says on the can really Downton Engineering Works Social club and the emphasis is on the Social.

Obviously everyone's very much into their cars and that was everyone right across the whole spectrum from retired lady's and gents to a couple of children too I've a hunch the 3 dogs may also be fans. Lots of jokes, social chat and of course interest in and advice on cars. An excellent regular meet with plenty of encouragement to come along to lots of events from small shows to motorsport especially Sprints and Hill Climbs.

Too much chatting and a bit of drinking and buffet food really to have taken photos for you to see but I did snap 3 just to show there's not just Minis...

DEWS-MGC.jpg
Downton MGC at Downton Engineering Works Social Club
DEWS-MGC.jpg (69.89 KiB) Viewed 14613 times

DEWS-marcos.jpg
Marcos at Downton Engineering Works Social Club
DEWS-marcos.jpg (66.05 KiB) Viewed 14613 times

DEWS-moggy.jpg
Moris Minor at Downton Engineering Works Social Club
DEWS-moggy.jpg (57.25 KiB) Viewed 14613 times

All in all a very enjoyable fun social meet up, thoroughly recommended. If anyone is interested in what the folk at DEWS Downton are about when we're at the Mini World Action Day in a few weeks time ask me and I'll introduce you as they're going along too and would be very happy to meet some more of us Midas owners too
kelvink

Return to General meets and events