Le Mans Classic 2010

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Le Mans Classic 2010

Postby manifold » Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 pm

http://www.lemansclassic.com

The event titled Le Mans Classic 2010 I understand starts on 09.07.2010.

Alan D and a couple of other great guys have been a 'chattin' since last year about the possibility of doing a run to the Le Mans Classic 2010 in our cherished little numbers. Watching James Martin at Christmas do the Mille Miglia certainly added to my interest.

All being well I should have the convertible rebuilt and running reliable for then so come on, give me a reason to get the car finished!

I'm not sure about the logistics etc and am happy for someone else to help do the detail :) ....and we're not interested in whiners, moaners or bureaucracy. If you want to come, just tag along and have some fun! The info's on t'internet and I can see there are lots of other groups already in motion thinking about it too, so let make it a goer.

We don't care where you come from and what you drive. The more the merrier.

Anyway, thats mine and Alans thoughts, over and out.

Cheers,

David

KIV (Keep in view) .....It might be worth saving up for european relay. I'd hate for someone to breakdown gazillions of miles from home.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Le Mans Classic 2010

Postby manifold » Mon May 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Not sure of routes via seaways etc but one I looked up from LD ferries for July 2009 (not 2010) was from Portsmouth to Le Havre at a cost of £95 on similar dates this year. Car length up to 5 metres. Height 1.84 metres (no problem in Midas) with 2 adult passengers. Im sure there are other options...this is just a preliminary idea. Cheers, David

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby moss » Mon May 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi ,all
i have been in contact with the mini marcos club about Le Mans and since the club go all the time. the sec is only too happy for us to tag along.
i am happy to organise for you under midas owners club
I know its next year but now is the time to book as nearer the day it you could not get the deals
tony moss
hon sec midas owners club
moss

Postby manifold » Mon May 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Tony,

Seems like a good idea to me. Just need people to stop lurking and find a lovely reason to drive these interesting machines we have.

Cheers,

David

manifold

Postby Rich » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:01 pm

There's a strong chance that my better half and I will be up for this.

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby Stuart » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:15 pm

http://marcossportscarenthusiasts.yuku. ... -2010.html

I guess this will be of interest to those who are going

from the mini marcos forum

Travel Destinations is handling bookings for the Marcos Owners Club, including ferry, event tickets, camping, track laps etc. Travel is probably via Dover. If you want to register an interest please phone Helen Burman at TD on 01707 329988 and quote "MOC". Hopefully those camping at the circuit will be in one place this time.

For more information please see the Marcos Sportscar Enthusiasts Forum:
http://marcossportscarenthusia.....-11th-July-2010.html
Stuart

Return to General meets and events