Stoneleigh 2010 - Who's Going

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Stoneleigh 2010 - Who's Going

Postby mikeeskriett » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi Folks,

I'll be there on Saturday night hopefully in the convertible providing it doesn't give me any nasty little surprises this week after it's recent disastrous trip to the garage!!

Cheers,

Mike
mikeeskriett

Re: Stoneleigh 2010 - Who's Going

Postby manifold » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:42 pm

I might go with the ('unfinished' LOL) convertible for a day out on Sunday.....if it passes the MOT on Wednesday.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Alan D. » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 pm

There are three of us coming from the not so frozen north and maybe Jonny aswell! But I've not heard from him as yet!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby max midas » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:34 pm

I will be going on Monday with my 'work in progress' Midas.
She needs running in, and I'm hoping there'll be lots of leathercloth, carpet and wiring suppliers etc in one place rather than sending for samples through the post.
Will there be a Midas owners club / Alternative Cars stand, and would Alistair like to have a scruffy 1991 green convertible anywhere near it?
max midas

Postby mikeeskriett » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi,

There will be a Midas Owners Club stand out in the club area we normally have a flag up or some form of sign. The pitch number escapes me but we are normally up by the arena.

Cheers,

Mike
mikeeskriett

Postby Rich » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm intending to be there with the Convertible..
Rich

Postby davidj » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 am

Hi All

I understand that the MIDAS OWNERS CLUB area will be as before in the Club Sites, Number 39. Look out for the marquee with the MIDAS OWNERS CLUB banner. Dont forget entry free to the Stoneleigh Show if in a kit car. All paid up members should have received details of this and notice of the AGM with their TGT Magazine about one month ago. However here are the main points again.

Hon Sec has once again provided a marquee and there will be a gas BBQ for those who bring food to cook. The AGM will be in the Marquee at 1 pm on Sunday May 2nd. It is your Club so come along and influence the way it is run for the next year.
For those staying over on Sunday evening the organisers run a bar with entertainment that is free to get into from 7 pm.

As normal Tony needs help from all to get the Marquee erected on Saturday and dismantled on Monday in the afternoon.

I will be there on Sunday in my convertable, if it stays in one piece, and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

David Johnson
davidj

Postby Rich » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:22 am

Rich wrote:I'm intending to be there with the Convertible..

Just checked and I should be there on the Monday, working on Sunday. I'm pretty sure my Club membership has lapsed, am I still ok to bring the car to the stand and join on the day?
Rich

Postby davidj » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Rich

Thanks for the response I am sure that there will be no problem at all. Obviously if you want to renew your membership pay on the day, by contacting Tony Moss or the Treasurer Jon, and you will help the Club to remain in the black and to continue for the next year. I regret to say there are a few people who claim they are members but never pay up. We need all the paying members that we can find!!

If you wish to bring up anyting at the AGM on Sunday contact me on 0117 9297602 on Friday or Saturday and I will speak up on your behalf.

Regards David J
davidj

Postby mikeeskriett » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi,

Indeed if the club is to keep running we all need to pay our subs even if it's a little late (always late as I am). Show up on the day and sheepishly hand over your subs to Tony, as i shall be doing!!

I'm planning to leave the sun drenched haven of Peterborough mid Saturday afternoon so if I can be of assistance when I get there please shout (PM for the moby number).

Cheers,

Mike
mikeeskriett

Next

Return to General meets and events