Stoneleigh 2010 - Who's Going

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Stoneleigh 2010 - Who's Going

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:00 am

As far as I know it used to be that everyone with a Midas is welcome, not just members. Of course only members can make use of the tent and BBQ. But anyone with a Midas can park his/her car on the Midas display. It's a day for all Midas enthusiasts, not just members.
Else we end up as the GTM club/Team GTM. One field for the Midas club and one field for the Midas Forum Group/enthusiasts/non members. I suggest we don't want that.
Hans Efde

Postby Alan D. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

I agree Hans,

One and all should be welcome, lets not split the ranks any further!

With one and all there, this should give the club a good opportunity to canvas for new members!

We even have the waifs and strays like the Pimlico. It all makes the stand more interesting.

Alan Donowho
Alan D.

Postby manifold » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:09 pm

I'll second Alan and Hans on subs although I'll be paying some subs 'arrears' this weekend too if I get there! ;)

As a gesture of goodwill I offer this forum to everyone on the internet Midas owner or otherwise for free, using my webserver, internet bandwidth and time (along with Hans and others) and haven't (and wont) be asking for contributions to it as I am happy to further the Midas in all its forms just because we like our cars and they are great!

Having a belly full of bureaucracy all day long we don't want it in our pleasure time too.

All the best,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby mikeeskriett » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Yep the more the merrier :-)
mikeeskriett

Postby johnnyfixit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:04 pm

I'll be happy to make up the waifs and strays corner of the club site again and pay my subs at the same time think I also got a jacket for the wife last time :D
johnnyfixit

Postby Alan D. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:27 pm

johnnyfixit wrote:I'll be happy to make up the waifs and strays corner of the club site again and pay my subs at the same time think I also got a jacket for the wife last time :D

So it does work, people join in!

I was hoping to have another Pimlico with us this year for the waif's section, it's nearly done, new rear subframe fitted,just got the front suspension to re-assemble, changing from hub to disk brakes. Then it is ready for its MOT.

I've just come in tonight from helping Gary, who is building a TDK fiberglass Mini with a Honda type R engine ( another stray) ! As Stuart says " Plastic Rules"!

Look forward to meeting everyone at the weekend.

Will we be seeing any of the Dutch squadron this year?

Regards Alan
Last edited by Alan D. on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan D.

Postby davidj » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi all

I would like to clear up the impression that Hans is trying to give about Stoneleigh. The Club Stand at Stoneleigh is for the benefit of ALL Midas Car enthusiasts, run by the Club but to increase the exposure of the marque to all people. To this end ALL Midas owners, members or not, are encouraged to attend, park on the stand and make full use of ALL the facilities, BBQ and the Marquee. I feel that the marquee may be needed by all this year in view of the current weather forecast!

The Club also wishes to encourage all Midas Owners to come along to all the events be they in the North or the South and to take part. Come on all of you, say to Castle Coombe this year and enjoy a really good days event at minimal cost.

If you consider trying to collect unpaid subs, the life blood of our club, is bureaucracy then God help us all.

DavidJ
davidj

Postby Alan D. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:32 pm

davidj wrote:Hi all

I would like to clear up the impression that Hans is trying to give about Stoneleigh. The Club Stand at Stoneleigh is for the benefit of ALL Midas Car enthusiasts, run by the Club but to increase the exposure of the marque to all people. To this end ALL Midas owners, members or not, are encouraged to attend, park on the stand and make full use of ALL the facilities, BBQ and the Marquee. I feel that the marquee may be needed by all this year in view of the current weather forecast!

The Club also wishes to encourage all Midas Owners to come along to all the events be they in the North or the South and to take part. Come on all of you, say to Castle Coombe this year and enjoy a really good days event at minimal cost.

If you consider trying to collect unpaid subs, the life blood of our club, is bureaucracy then God help us all.

DavidJ

Well Done Davidj

Clear and concise. I hope the club makes some progress. The Midas's don't rust away, so where are the owners? Come on you silent owners let us know you exist!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby johnnyfixit » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 am

less than 2 days to go and I've been let down by part suppliers ect so I'm still on axel stands at the mo :cry:

could be a mini miracle to get to Stoneleigh in time
johnnyfixit

Postby Alan D. » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Does this mean we will be waifless!

Alan d.
Alan D.

PreviousNext

Return to General meets and events