Elfstedentocht 2010

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Elfstedentocht 2010

Postby Hans Efde » Wed May 26, 2010 12:12 pm

Monday 23 May me and my wife used the Midas to do the Elfstedentocht, or 11-city tour in our county. It's a 240km drive for bikes, but cars are also allowed. It was the 75th time this tour was organised. A maximum of 3600 participants were allowed so I was early with my registration. In total about 120 cars had registered, the rest were all bikes. The Midas was completely in its element on these small roads, all flat land though. Too pity we don't have hills.
Only small problem was that I had to wait a considerable time at the stamping posts, during the long time of idling the turbo heated up the brake lines so much that I lost my brakes. On the move everything cooled down again because of the special hose that directs cold air to the carburettor and turbo.
It's a big event that always draws thousands of spectators. In every village people were sitting, clapping and cheering by the road. We loved the ride and we loved our Midas, such a nice car. What was I thinking that I wanted to sell this car? It's just perfect.
Anyway I didn't make any pics, but on this forum you'll get a good impression:
http://www.buzzybeeforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=22488
Somewhere at the end you'll find the pics of my Midas, but plenty of other interesting stuff to see.
There are also links to video's. A parking space filled with bikes with a total value of about 35 million euro's is a rare sight.
IMG_9132-border.JPG
IMG_9132-border.JPG (156.63 KiB) Viewed 2357 times

IMG_9134-border.JPG
IMG_9134-border.JPG (107.97 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
Hans Efde

Return to General meets and events