Haynes Village 100

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Haynes Village 100

Postby Jon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 pm

This coming Sunday 27th June is the fifth running of the Haynes Village 100 Classic Vehicle event. http://www.thehaynesvillage100.org.uk/

This year I am displaying my Midas Bronze and my AC 3000ME side by side as the opportunity to take two cars to the same event was too good to miss. I can drive one car there, walk home and be back with the second in about ten minutes as the event is on the recreation ground behind my house. In the afternoon a 2.7 mile circuit of roads around the village is closed to traffic and the one hundred or so cars in the event do two or three parade laps. I've had to sub-contract the driving of the AC to a fellow ME owner, so I'll have the novel experience of following my AC whilst driving the Midas. Should be fun. The only kit car there last year was a Quantum.

My house is directly behind the white AC 3000ME - I didn't choose the spot, but by pure chance my car ended up parked about 50 yards from the garage it normally lives in.

A view of the 2009 event from on the roof of my house.

Jon

Re: Haynes Village 100

Postby Jon » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Today I attended the HV100 show for the second time since I've lived in Haynes, this time showing both my Midas and my AC.
I subcontracted the driving of the AC to a fellow AC club member, and enjoyed seeing it in my mirrors as I paraded the Midas.
The Midas definitely attracted more questions from the spectators, with one bloke asking how best to get hold of one as he had a dead mini with good mechanicals.
This is a very friendly and well organised show, well worth attending for anyone in this part of the world i.e. Bedford.

Jon

Re: Haynes Village 100

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Nice pics Jon, I like the stance of that AC. Makes the Midas look a bit skinny though.
Hans Efde

Return to General meets and events