Midas article

Post up your links to other Midas, Marcos or Mini related sites!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas article

Postby lippetm » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 pm

I have just written an article on the Midas cars story and posted it onto my website here:

http://www.auto-unique.com/

I'm hoping that my memory is good, as most of the story is based on what I remember from the late eighties and nineties when I owned a Midas. I also scanned part of one of the later brochures for the article, as it seems that its always the earlier brochures that seem to turn up on the internet. I presume that nobody would have any issues with this.

If there is anything that you think I should add or change could you let me know?
Thanks
Malcolm
lippetm

Re: Midas article

Postby Hans Efde » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Malcolm,
I am not familiar with the link to Arrows. If you are referring to the windtunnel work that Gordon Murray did for Harold (mainly developing the undertrays), that was done while he was technical director of Brabhams.
Hans Efde

Postby lippetm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Hans,
I was unaware of the Arrows link as well, and I'm not sure when they worked together. Its mentioned in the April 1990 Kit Car magazine article. Is there a way I can scan the article and post it on this website somewhere?
Thanks
Malcolm
lippetm

Postby lippetm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Hans,
Just to say, I have scanned the article I was referring to and added a link to it at the bottom of the article on my website. Its very interesting as it was written at the time just after the fire and Pastiche had took over production.
Hope you find it of interest.
Cheers
Malcolm
lippetm

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 am

Thanks Malcolm, interesting stuff to read. I didn't have this article in the archive and it is the first time I read about a relation between Arrows and Midas. If I ever get hold of Dermott I'll ask about it.
Hans Efde

Postby lippetm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi Hans,
Would be interested in Harolds response. It would be good if someone did a proper inteview with him for the forum at some stage.
I have a few other Midas articles from the 80's and 90's so I'll see whether they are scanable.
M
lippetm

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Yes, unfortunately he, his wife or his son do not respond to my emails. The telephone number linked to several websites he owns is not active/obsolete etc. I have 1 or 2 possibilities left. If that doesn't work we have to send the nearest forum member to an address I have, hopefully his home.
Hans Efde

Return to Links