Front shockabsorber

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Front shockabsorber

Postby oldnut45 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Think I have resolved what is required for the bracket or at least decided what I am going to do with mine. That picture you posted Stuart, if you look closely at it you can see that the back plate of the bracket has been extended upwards on the top edge, in other words lowering the centre line of the spindle that the shock absorber connects to. Your bracket only has four bolts as do mine, 2 are in the extended top edge of the backplate and the other 2 are in new holes in the lower part of the backplate, as you can see on your bracket you have 2 holes at the bottom that are not used and you can see 2 more holes towards the top that again are not used.
The build manual only mentions the use of 4 bolts in total, the reference to 2 "damper fixings as DHM30" I think must refer to some form of special washer due to the difficult access to the bolt in the cross member through the subframe bolt holes.
Hope that makes sense.
Graham
oldnut45

Re: Front shockabsorber

Postby Stuart » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm

oldnut45 wrote: if you look closely at it you can see that the back plate of the bracket has been extended upwards on the top edge, in other words lowering the centre line of the spindle that the shock absorber connects to.

Don't think of it as changing the spindle location relative to the subframe/height, it is about finding somewhere for the bolts to actually fit given the extra thickness of the GRP shell compared with the steel Mini which has the fixings above and below the much slimmer box section.

Stuart

Previous

Return to Mk 1