Rear Beam Adjustment

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Rear Beam Adjustment

Postby DavidL » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:20 pm

MrBounce wrote:[quote="Alan D]
Stuart has forgotten about Bronzenuts dodge of reversing the radius arms, that I'm lead to belive gives you instant negative camber.Alan[/quote]

My Mk1 had the radius arms reversed when I took them off the other week. Plus my brackets have a slot cut into them to presumably allow some form of toe-in/toe-out adjustment. However, the camber cannot be changed.[/quote][/quote]

You'd need to use wheel spacers then, if you reversed the radius arms - my Mk 2 had minimal space between the coilovers and the tyres - at the time I had it, I think I put 5mm spacers on to give a bit of clearance.

On that subject, can you still get longer wheel studs? When I eventually fit 175/60 13 tyres to the rear wheels of the Mk 3 (to match the ones on the fronts), I think there might be a clearance issue between the tyres and the subframe brackets where the radius arms mount. It might be posssible to grind away enough metal to cure this, but I won't know until I fit the larger tyres, and that won't happen for a while yet.
DavidL

Postby MrBounce » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 pm

MrBounce

Postby DavidL » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks, good to know those are available!
DavidL

Previous

Return to Mk 1