mk 1 novice

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

mk 1 novice

Postby kippy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:34 pm

hi everyone
i'm putting a 1300 metro engine into my mk 1 .any tip on changing the clutch to cable the one that came out is hydraulic .also i've found a small crack i the tub just below the peddles where the floor starts to slope up any handy tip's on repair would be most helpful .cheers
kippy

Re: mk 1 novice

Postby Rich » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Personally I'd suggest keeping the hydraulic set-up over the cable if you can. The cable isn't the best design and I've found the adjuster prone to failure, particularly with an uprated clutch.

From what I know of the Mk1 it's Mini based, which was always (to the best of my knowledge) hydraulic. I've no idea if the Metro pedal box with the cable clutch would fit.

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby kippy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Rich wrote:Personally I'd suggest keeping the hydraulic set-up over the cable if you can. The cable isn't the best design and I've found the adjuster prone to failure, particularly with an uprated clutch.

From what I know of the Mk1 it's Mini based, which was always (to the best of my knowledge) hydraulic. I've no idea if the Metro pedal box with the cable clutch would fit.

Rich
;)

thanks for the tip rich ,will look into changing to hydraulic.i'm not to hot as a mechanic yet but picking it up as i go along
kippy

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Concerning the crack in the floor, just treat it as a boat. Because essentially it's a grp boat with 4 dents where wheels fit. A small crack can be opened with a Dremel and repaired with the usual polyester repair kit from the DIY shop. I had a repair kit that had glassfibre strands in it for extra strength. Big cracks require strenghtening by laying up glassfibre mats over that area. Maybe you should have joined that grp training course!
Hans Efde

Return to Mk 1