Running gear

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Running gear

Postby midastastic » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:13 am

Hi all. Have some questions on Mark 1 running gear as only have the bronze build manual as a guide. I have stripped the front disc brakes/ hubs and drive shafts and my findings are a little concerning. I have already determined that the engine/gearbox was an early remote unit and the drive shafts confirm this as pre-pot type joints. The discs are 7.5 inch GT items with a flange cover. The wheels are 12 inch cosmic 5 spokes.
The build manual says all these items should be avoided (apart from wheels). My chassis is number 42. Does anyone know if there were upgrades around this time that would have left my car parts as obsolete?
The registration is WFE 440W (1981) The first owner was a Roger Vernon(kit builder), the second owner was Trevor Bridges who doesn't seem to know much about it despite owning the car for nearly 25 years!
I know the car has run with these parts and would just like some reassurance they are correct in the history of the marque? Anyone.............
Also, what is the best way of getting some photos on here to share what I am doing?
midastastic

Re: Running gear

Postby johnnyfixit » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:13 pm

I always use a site called photobucket its easy to download to and when you move the mouse on to the photo you want it gives you the image code to use in the post you have written bobs your uncle (Make sure the album is open to public)
Sorrry can't help you with the first part hope this helps in the future
johnnyfixit

Re: Running gear

Postby midastastic » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Cheers johnnyfixit! I will do my best. Lol
midastastic

Return to Mk 1