Swimming pool in the boot

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Swimming pool in the boot

Postby Stairheedrammy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00 pm

After 1 week of ownership and 3 days of stormy weather I find that there is an added bonus in my bronze- a swimming pool in the spare wheel groove- I emptied 4 buckets of water from this today- and more seems to be flooding in from what seems to be a drainage hole- I take it that this isnt supposed to be how the car drains aweay excess water :?
Stairheedrammy

Re: Swimming pool in the boot

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Usually this sort of leakage at the rear hatch of the coupees is caused by a blocked drainage pipe. The groove around the rear window opening goes into a vertical pipe that is laminated in the back of the car. You can see it on the inside.It empties itself just above the rear bumper. Usually it is full of leaves. If a previous owner cut a hole in the groove for the lock of the rear window, rain water will find its way into the interior via this hole. If this is the case:
a) remove the rear bumper and use a screwdriver o.e. and lots of water to clear the blockage of the pipe.
b) shorten the locking lever of the rear hatch, install a L-shaped bracket for the catch and close the previous used locking hole.
Hans Efde

Postby Stairheedrammy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Thanks Hans, will try this tomorrow
Stairheedrammy

Postby Stairheedrammy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks Hans- I poked a screwdriver into the drainage hole and watched for 10 minutes as my mobile pool drained- onto the leaks round the window next
Stairheedrammy

Return to Mk 2